• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I am taking Kobe to school, then hoping to work around the house.

Yesterday Coach Kobe was on the competition floor at Northwestern University "coaching" the Purdue team at the Remenyik ROC fencing tournament.

IMG_3699.jpeg
IMG_3685.jpeg

IMG_9913.jpeg

I also had a bunch of other kids there. The 2 girls in this photo are also mine, but were competing against Purdue. Girl on the left of the photo is now fencing variety women's saber at Cleveland State University. The shorter girl on the right of the photo is a high school sophomore, competes Homewood Flossmoor. Both competed in this tournament. I had several boys from the high schools competing in the event as well, one took 6th place.

How much longer will they be open with things running?
Hesston Steam Museum is open weekends Noot to 5pm at least into December. This month they have the Halloween Train . . . sometime in November they will switch it over to a Santa Train. I think they shut down and reopen in the spring.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I should buy a lottery ticket. I'm out moose hunting this week. I spend the morning scouting out a cut for us to watch this evening and found a trail at the back good for birds. I was stopped outside the sxs when my buddy called. I drove back to the truck and loaded up then headed back to camp. When I got there, I discovered that my phone was missing. I drove back 20 minutes to where I was last on it and searched the entire 4km of dirt road back to the highway....twice. Then drove back to camp. My buddies were going to hunt the cut I was scouting out and found it on the dirt road near a puddle almost back to the highway. No damage.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I should buy a lottery ticket. I'm out moose hunting this week. I spend the morning scouting out a cut for us to watch this evening and found a trail at the back good for birds. I was stopped outside the sxs when my buddy called. I drove back to the truck and loaded up then headed back to camp. When I got there, I discovered that my phone was missing. I drove back 20 minutes to where I was last on it and searched the entire 4km of dirt road back to the highway....twice. Then drove back to camp. My buddies were going to hunt the cut I was scouting out and found it on the dirt road near a puddle almost back to the highway. No damage.
Recovered phone in the woods 4km away. buy 2 tickets.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The home style AAA grand daughter cam by yesterday (in her last year at college and her own apartment)
saya my car is clunking I said take our spare car I pulled in to the car port and rear drive shaft was dragging .
it doesn't have a universal it has a flex coupling got 5 of the bolts out one on the rear is stuck soaked it with pb blaster
No one has one locally 4-5 days on line for one. it gives me time to remount the heat shield that the flopping drive shaft knocked off.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
This was from last week but someone gave me a newspaper today.
The American Legion and VFW merged into one building. I'm a member of both.
I'm in the picture, towards the middle, in front.

165066-1729186252500.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was supposed to be out moose hunting all week but unfortunately my back had other plans. I was wide awake in pain at 4:30am yesterday and instead of getting ready to head moose hunting for the day, I made the call to end my hunt and head home. I've been home all morning nursing a sore back this morning and now waiting for physio.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tuesday home AAA tried working on granddaughters car getting one seized bolt out I rolled over with my arm under my side and felt a pop and pain (Boy I wish I had a lift) and didnt get bolt out :confused:
I couldn't sleep well tuesday night last night still made it to work, I went to bed at 6:00 and slept restless till 5ish and went to work today feeling better but still sore hopefully I'll get it fixed this weekend.
On the good side today I was told to wrap up my project next week and submit it next Thursday, so I'm back to being retired. next week.

Last edited: