• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday morning was $hitty. Literally. I had to change the check valve coming from our sewage pump. Uncoupling the connections allowed residual raw sewage water to weep out all over my tools, hands and gloves. Thankfully the laundry sink is right beside the sump pit. The old valve went into an old container and outside. All the tools gloves and my hands went to the laundry sink full of hot water and pinesol. 🤮

20240922_110100.jpg
20240922_113124.jpg

This morning, I found a business giving away 1000 gallon totes for transporting liquid. I picked up 2 of them to clean out and use in the future for filling the hot tub. Until now, every time I had an issue with the tub, I was stuck draining the water onto the lawn and repairing whatever was wrong then paying $230 for water delivery. Now, if it doesn't need to be changed, I can pump the tub water into a tank to reuse. Or, I can haul the tank to the city to one of the water filling stations and fill the tank for $5. It'll also come in handy in the spring for filling the campers with water.

20240923_102740.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh, not fun!

But good score on the water tanks!

Yesterday morning was $hitty. Literally. I had to change the check valve coming from our sewage pump. Uncoupling the connections allowed residual raw sewage water to weep out all over my tools, hands and gloves. Thankfully the laundry sink is right beside the sump pit. The old valve went into an old container and outside. All the tools gloves and my hands went to the laundry sink full of hot water and pinesol. 🤮

View attachment 183552

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 183552View attachment 183553

This morning, I found a business giving away 1000 gallon totes for transporting liquid. I picked up 2 of them to clean out and use in the future for filling the hot tub. Until now, every time I had an issue with the tub, I was stuck draining the water onto the lawn and repairing whatever was wrong then paying $230 for water delivery. Now, if it doesn't need to be changed, I can pump the tub water into a tank to reuse. Or, I can haul the tank to the city to one of the water filling stations and fill the tank for $5. It'll also come in handy in the spring for filling the campers with water.

View attachment 183554
I use them at camp too one thing to get them to last longer keep them covered the sunlight makes them get brittle
I think they are 100 liters and about 300 gallon's loaded weigh about 2500 lbs just at the limit for my single axel trailer.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
$230.00 for water delivery? Are you not on a well?

We are on a well but our well has a slow return rate. We're ok normally with a house of 7 people but filling up the hot tub drains it to the point where the pump cuts out and we have to go without water in the house until it replenishes. (Usually around a half hour)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I use them at camp too one thing to get them to last longer keep them covered the sunlight makes them get brittle
I think they are 100 liters and about 300 gallon's loaded weigh about 2500 lbs just at the limit for my single axel trailer.

I have a 6.5 x 12 flat deck with a 3500lb axle. I will only be hauling one at a time as one is enough to fill my tub with it being a 6 seater. My buddy's tub is a 7 seater and takes more than one tote so I grabbed 2 of them. Today's task is to pressure wash them. As for storage, I will keep them behind my shop with a tarp on them to keep them from baking.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
just returned for Hippie Ridge with the truck loaded with stuff I need at home in St Peters.
I am replacing all decks wooden decks with composite. Having removed several deck from the Springfield mobile home park sites. I have a good supply of 8 foot peicesand16 foot pieces.

I will be replacing the wooden deck on the Cecil Creek bridge this week.

Pictures when Crumpy complies with my request.

We spent two days at Hippie Ridge that turned out well. I was able to pipe the main power lines for burial from the power poll to the Bath house where the main load center & distribution panel will reside. However, the roto tiller broke a wheel just eight feet short of the 120 foot ditch.

I'll finish after next weekend. Crumpy has a birthday on Sept 30th so it will wait until after.

No, I won't tell how old 'cause I really don't want to know.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We are on a well but our well has a slow return rate. We're ok normally with a house of 7 people but filling up the hot tub drains it to the point where the pump cuts out and we have to go without water in the house until it replenishes. (Usually around a half hour)
Hippie Ridge is on totes water. We have three 60 gallon tanks and one twenty gallon. My son built some elevated stands so they gravity feed into the RV units. Ou neighbor has graciously allowed us to ferry from his well until we get one of our own. It's 400 feet to the aquifer so, it will be a while before we can afford that.

We consume about 30 to 40 gallons per day so it is quite manageable, at least until hard winter sets it. Once I get the bath house done, it will have a 350 gallon tank high in the attic. Sitting on the highest point of our property, it will gravity feed the RV units. Therefore, even during power outages, they will be able to fill their tanks and operate on internal 12 volt power systems.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1am Central time.

Departed Purdue Univ at midnight Eastern time. Drove home 90 minutes. Wide awake. I guess I had too much caffeine before leaving for campus?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hippie Ridge is on totes water. We have three 60 gallon tanks and one twenty gallon. My son built some elevated stands so they gravity feed into the RV units. Ou neighbor has graciously allowed us to ferry from his well until we get one of our own. It's 400 feet to the aquifer so, it will be a while before we can afford that.

We consume about 30 to 40 gallons per day so it is quite manageable, at least until hard winter sets it. Once I get the bath house done, it will have a 350 gallon tank high in the attic. Sitting on the highest point of our property, it will gravity feed the RV units. Therefore, even during power outages, they will be able to fill their tanks and operate on internal 12 volt power systems.

Once I get them cleaned up, I plan on using my flat deck trailer with a tank sitting on a couple pallets so it can gravity feed. And if needed I can easily drain the water into a tank using a submersible sump pump. No more pissing away 230 for water delivery each time.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Add in a 2500 gallon water tank with an external pressure pump, I did that in 2018, it saves the main pump as its not cycling on and off overtime you turn the water on and the external pressure pump is cheaper and easier to change out. Plus you never run short of water, thats the reason I did it, in the summer we go through lots of water, lawn, garden, fruit trees and horses. probably north of 600 gallons a day in July and august. Where you are you may want to bury it so it doesn't freeze.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning, I found a business giving away 1000 gallon totes for transporting liquid. I picked up 2 of them to clean out and use in the future for filling the hot tub.
Not 1000 gallons. Those "totes" (as we call them here) are either 250 or 330 gallons. It's written on the side (as well as capacity in liters).
Do NOT haul more than one at a time on a 3500# trailer!!!

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've put a couple of cisterns in ground on timers to for well pump to cistern and a seperate pump in to the house float switch to shut off well pump off if tank is full.
One has a family of 6 plus a couple of horses and small animals his tanks are 2 2500 gallon bruiser tanks under ground.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Was talking to one of our nursing students today.
She said look what I have to wear, can you believe this?
Yes, I CAN believe it.
Been there, done that. 😅

View attachment 183581

My dad had a colostomy bag for years. He suffered from ulcerative colitis and was controlling it for years with prescription medication until one night when I was in grade 12 and an ulcer burst inside his colon. He was rushed by air ambulance to the city 3 hr drive away and had to have his entire colon removed and lived with a bag the rest of his life.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not 1000 gallons. Those "totes" (as we call them here) are either 250 or 330 gallons. It's written on the side (as well as capacity in liters).
Do NOT haul more than one at a time on a 3500# trailer!!!
You're right. I always just heard of them called that up here. They're 300 gallon tanks. I won't do more than one hauling water. My trailer would bend and brake. 😆