• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Serenade, April, 3 to 7, 2024

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the snow keeps falling, all n all, looking good for our adventure into the sawtooth mountains.

thank you very much to each and everyone that is coming.

thumbnail-2.jpeg

no corporate sponsors, not the biggest, not the baddest, no beer bust keggers, no same old trails, no snow cat demolition derby, no fancy posters...

always, a new trail,
always, great trail food,
always, the best of snow cat friends,
always, just regular folks enjoying life,
always, loving snow catting in the backcountry of the sawtooth mountains,
always, leaving with great memories,
always, where the east, midwest, and west meet, to share all things snow cat

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the snow keeps falling, all n all, looking good for our adventure into the sawtooth mountains.

View attachment 175009

no corporate sponsors, not the biggest, not the baddest, no beer bust keggers, no same old trails, no snow cat demolition derby, no fancy posters...

always, a new trail,
What no punchy emoji... come on :cool:

Amen to new terrain. We scout every year in march and this year we are really struggling. I soo look forward to being able to attend sv. Keep up the effort

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

Amen to new terrain. We scout every year in march and this year we are really struggling. I soo look forward to being able to attend sv. Keep up the effort
sadly, I am so boring and one dimensional, so, for me to come up with a punchy emoji so far beyond me, sorry for being so uninteresting. maybe I could hire some 14 year old kid to help me out?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

so, so, so, knowing to get a straight answer of yes or no, is about as close to impossible, but but but, is there any chance, redsqwrl could grace us with a clear yes or no. need to provide Redsqwrl Rosetta Stone translators

:jumprope:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 175009

always, a new trail,
always, where the east, midwest, and west meet, to share all things snow cat
short answer: It likely a No.

longer answer:
Im still salty about the "W" I am not sure I can hang with people that mis-spell Sno. :cool:

Many here know I am a teacher and "being able attend " is tough.
To remain cryptic if I do make it there will be an empty trailer headed to idaho from wisconsin. it would be loaded on the return. If anythiing within 10 hours of wisconsin needs to go west keep that in mind.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
short answer: It likely a No.

longer answer:
Im still salty about the "W" I am not sure I can hang with people that mis-spell Sno. :cool:

Many here know I am a teacher and "being able attend " is tough.
To remain cryptic if I do make it there will be an empty trailer headed to idaho from wisconsin. it would be loaded on the return. If anythiing within 10 hours of wisconsin needs to go west keep that in mind.
there ya go folks we got an answer, sadly a NO, but still an answer. No redswrl stew this year...sad

sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno
sno

Last edited:

funtracks

Well I'm done thinking about it, I'm in! There was never any doubt that I wanted to attend considering that there's a wedding, Tuckering and skiing all rolled together, just had to convince myself the Tucker was ready for the steep mountains! I'm still not sure, the highest elevation I drove my Tucker up to was Copper Peak in the U.P. of Michigan and that was with Captian redsqwrl leading the way! However I feel confident if I can just get the Tucker to SV that it will naturally fall in line behind the PP and crawl right up the snowy peaks. I bummed rides off lots of great folks in 2021/2022 SVSS, can't wait to repay the favors!! See you all soon.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I'm done thinking about it, I'm in! There was never any doubt that I wanted to attend considering that there's a wedding, Tuckering and skiing all rolled together, just had to convince myself the Tucker was ready for the steep mountains! I'm still not sure, the highest elevation I drove my Tucker up to was Copper Peak in the U.P. of Michigan and that was with Captian redsqwrl leading the way! However I feel confident if I can just get the Tucker to SV that it will naturally fall in line behind the PP and crawl right up the snowy peaks. I bummed rides off lots of great folks in 2021/2022 SVSS, can't wait to repay the favors!! See you all soon.
If you can get across the street you can get across the state! If you can get across the state you can get across the country. Pack accordingly, all three trips are less than 50hrs. (In most cars)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
We will have six 14 to 16 year olds with us!! All wanting to ski for the first time.
I would sign them up for ski school over on Dollar mountain and by the end of the day, they will all be ski bums... lots of kids this year, super family friendly, lots for kids to do, swimming, driving dads snow cat, ice skating, driving dads snow cat, bowling, driving dads snow cat, X country skiing, driving dads snow cat, movie theater, driving dads snow cat, etc etc etc

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
probably safe to say, announce, etc,

Brian is bringing his 1443 rubber track, yes, the one that he is repairing a rear axle after a massive failure earlier this winter, don't know how he talked Peter into hauling it out and back to the east coast, it is happening, great adventure for all. travel safe Peter

IMG_2706.jpeg

Last edited:

The Sweet Wbj1

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everybody, wanted to give y'all a heads up!

First, we got a crew of about 40 Southerners that can't wait to come out West!! Some of them are trained killers! A bunch of them are hooligans (my side). Jenn's family is all the sweet rule followers. Some of them have never been out West before. At least one of them has never been on a plane before! A big group hoping to get some skiing in. So it's exciting times for a bunch of folks down here! Jenn and I cannot say THANK YOU enough to everyone. PP for agreeing to marry us and for helping sooooo much! All the effort going on behind the scenes! The SnoCats that will be hauling our folks up the mountain and really just to everyone for coming! We have rented the bowling alley at Sun Valley resort from 7:00 to 9:00pm Friday night after the wedding. Pizza and beer will be on us plus at least one cup cake for Leon!

Thank you all so much! Looking forward to seeing everyone again!