• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good looking brat, love the stone ground mustard on the side. I favor KOOPS brand.

We had hot dogs and spicy Red Hots. More correctly I had Red Hots, everyone else had hot dogs :flame2:

Local supermarket had THIN cut ribeye on sale so we will throw some on the grill tonight. Probably eat them on a brioche bun with some red pepper relish. Undecided on if I'll melt cheese on it too? Sides will probably be some sort of macaroni salad? Maybe watermelon?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I never eat according to the clock like some people do.
I prep my meals when I feel like it and eat when I am hungry.
Easy dinner.
Air fried salmon and the biggie salad.
1000019921.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never eat according to the clock like some people do.
I prep my meals when I feel like it and eat when I am hungry.
Easy dinner.
Air fried salmon and the biggie salad.
OK serious question, how is an "air fryer" different than a "Convection" oven?

My daughter has an air fryer. We have a connection oven with multiple convection settings. Seems like a connection oven is just a big air fryer but I am told NO.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
OK serious question, how is an "air fryer" different than a "Convection" oven?

My daughter has an air fryer. We have a connection oven with multiple convection settings. Seems like a connection oven is just a big air fryer but I am told NO.
Air frying is faster.
The way the heat circulates is different than that of a convection oven.
My son Jeff bought me one for my birthday because he and a few friends were telling me for months, you NEED one.
Yes, I needed one lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had this for both lunch and dinner.
Naan with a spread of olive tapenade hummus and some romaine, tomato ,red onion, and vinaigrette.
It was very filling split into two meals.
I only wish I'd had some feta cheese.
1000019960.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Splurged and bought 2 Aurelio's thin crust pizzas. They were still piping hot when I got home.

Pizza 1: traditional sauce & cheese with Sausage, Mushrooms & Onions
Pizza 2: alfredo sauce with garlic, spinach, chicken and cheese

It's a local chain, main restaurant is in Homewood, IL, south suburban Chicago. They have grown from a couple stores to now having a them in a half dozen states. Their tomato sauce is sweeter than most, and also applied in a greater quantity but the crust is still nicely crisp, so basically magic. Their prices are also much higher than chains like Dominos; I don't eat pizza often (lactose intolerant) but I'm always willing to pay double and get Aurillio's instead of Domino's.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been buying Indiana sweet corn at the grocery store lately, cleaned and fresh packed because our corn here sucks at the local farm stands.
I had the last ear last night and will have to get more.
A while ago, I made a big fat BLT for dinner. 😁

1000022279.jpg
1000022278.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Check out this yummy creation I made. What we have here is leftover grouse and deer meet, peppers, sweet peas, baby tomatoes, and onions. Simmering in olive oil seasoned with Brazilian steak spice, ground pepper, and a parmesan garlic spice. Oh, and the secret ingredient...feta cheese. Served on a bed of rice.

20241007_163213.jpg