• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As brittle as these trees are in the wind, they do not split easily with a Mall.
The tool just bounces off.

If my memory is right, they split easier when dry

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not too much today.

I have a summer cold? My sinuses are congested, right ear is clogged too.

Just don't feel like doing much.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Brought the gas powered golf cart out to camp yesterday and spent the night. Had a few 🍻. Woke up this morning and drove home. Washed the sxs and started on the fifth wheel as it's dirty from our trip a couple weeks ago. Now sitting on the deck listening to the birds chirp.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I always hated Bradford Pears. For the exact reason you have stated. Here in the mid south, Bradford Pears were all the rage during the early 90's. By the early 2000's, people hated them because the would split out in the trunk during a mild windstorm. They are classified as a "weed tree". I don't know if you can even buy them in a nursery anymore.
In many juristictions, they are now illegal.

Funny story here. In 2000 Iplanted a grove of these at our new building and the building next store when I did the landscaping. After about ten years they were mature enough to bloom wall to wall down our street. A beautiful sight of giant Q-Tips elevating our spirits with their beauty. Then came the Gas company looking for a gas leak. We could smell it in our building and so could our neighbors in theirs's.

We evacuated both buildings whilst the Gas company used their sniffing meters to find the source of this huge foul smell of gas.

Turns out, it was the Bradford trees.

Yuck!

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Sunday Morning . . . first Sunday in June, the month when Catholics celebrate a month long devotion to the "Sacred Heart of Jesus" and the gubmint celebrates PRIDE month, one of the 7 deadly sins.

Feeling somewhat better today. We have friends coming to the house. Weather is supposed to be good, after yesterday's cool temps and rain, today is supposed to be sunny and warm all day. Pool is set to 90(F) degrees, so basically a big bathtub. BBQ for lunch.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Sunday Morning . . . first Sunday in June, the month when Catholics celebrate a month long devotion to the "Sacred Heart of Jesus" and the gubmint celebrates PRIDE month, one of the 7 deadly sins.

Feeling somewhat better today. We have friends

Every other "special interest" group gets a day to celebrate their cause. Not the "rainbow clan". No, they need a whole f'n month to flash their rainbow flowers. 🤬. That's my issue with the whole thing. I know when I get up in the morning and stand to pee, that makes me a man. No confusion here. The only day they need is October 10th. National mental health day. Rant over...

The outlaws are staying at our place this weekend. They live 4 hours away. My daughter has a big piano recital this afternoon. They came down for that.

Smilingreen

Old enough to know better

Feeling somewhat better today. We have friends coming to the house. Weather is supposed to be good, after yesterday's cool temps and rain, today is supposed to be sunny and warm all day. Pool is set to 90(F) degrees, so basically a big bathtub. BBQ for lunch.
Oh.........Is monkey pox month back around again? :ROFLMAO:

Umberto

Every other "special interest" group gets a day to celebrate their cause. Not the "rainbow clan". No, they need a whole f'n month to flash their rainbow flowers. 🤬. That's my issue with the whole thing. I know when I get up in the morning and stand to pee, that makes me a man. No confusion here. The only day they need is October 10th. National mental health day. Rant over...

The outlaws are staying at our place this weekend. They live 4 hours away. My daughter has a big piano recital this afternoon. They came down for that.
IMG_8893.jpeg
IMG_8843.jpeg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends and family members who are gay, but they don't go marching around making a thing of it. Nor do they get involved in the weird/woke shit.

I woke this morning with a burst of energy that seemed to have come out of nowhere 😀
Those days are a rarity now lol
Cleaned my bathroom like a maniac, ran the vacuum, then took that walk up Oakwood Avenue all the way down to Perry Street.
I treasure the days where I still feel young.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends and family members who are gay, but they don't go marching around making a thing of it. Nor do they get involved in the weird/woke shit.

I woke this morning with a burst of energy that seemed to have come out of nowhere 😀
Those days are a rarity now lol
Cleaned my bathroom like a maniac, ran the vacuum, then took that walk up Oakwood Avenue all the way down to Perry Street.
I treasure the days where I still feel young.
Next time you feel like that, come to my place...Please!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

So do I. I also have the openly flamboyant kind of friend who feels the need to let everyone, and I mean everyone, know they're gay and just don't let up about it. What they do in their bedroom is their business. I have no issues. Just don't throw it in my face every single time I see you for a month straight.

I've been down for the count with a bad back for a few days. I skipped out on church this morning with my wife and her parents in order to be able to physically handle sitting through my daughters piano recital this afternoon. It was one or the other as my back can't handle both.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been running around all day getting things done.
Had to have my annual bloods done per my doctor.
I'm good, just low potassium and slightly elevated uric acid which for me is normal.
I gained a few pounds, but I'm not worried much about that because I'm not fat, but I'm going to attempt to eat healthier.

While at the hospital for the labs, I saw this 😊 parked.
Had to take some pics.
First time I've ever I've seen one.
I was hasty with the phone because I was afraid the owner would catch me 😂

17174477455429092055690567141309.jpg
17174478001361699886792625370937.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont blame you for hurrying the picture. I wouldnt want anyone to see me looking at anything that that ugly!!!
Ross, I was about to get some pics of the inside, then I scurried in the hospital.
I was feeling like why am I doing this anyway?
I'd not like anyone snapping pics of my car, to be honest, but when I saw it I was thinking hey!
That's one of those!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I put on my mechanics hat today and spent 2hrs diagnosing and repairing the electric golf cart. I have it narrowed down to either a speed sensor (which I have already replaced once) and the electric brake. Have I mentioned how much I hate electric vehicles? On this style of electric cart, there's an electronically activated brake on the side of the electric motor that drives the vehicle. Well, last summer, the pedal was sticking occasionally. It ended up guming up the inside of the brake mechanism with brake dust overworking the motor until it burned out. There goes another $200 on Amazon. Ugh that round disc is the brake mechanism.

I got it back together and put it on the charger then went to the house to discover that my front rotors and pads for the car arrived. Ok....back down to the shop to tear into the front end. Not bad. Package was delivered at 12:20pm and by 2pm I had them installed along with swapping out the winter tires for summers. I had 2 new tires mounted last week for the front.

20240604_105447.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been raining all week here. So I decided to spend a couple hours playing my neglected 12 string guitar. Once my voice started scratching and my fingers were almost bleeding, I decided to stop. I was playing a good mixture like Journey-Faithfully, U2- With or without you, even some savage garden and soundgarden. I cover everything from country to metal.

20240606_143450.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been running around all day getting things done.
Had to have my annual bloods done per my doctor.
I'm good, just low potassium and slightly elevated uric acid which for me is normal.
I gained a few pounds, but I'm not worried much about that because I'm not fat, but I'm going to attempt to eat healthier.

While at the hospital for the labs, I saw this 😊 parked.

Had to take some pics.
First time I've ever I've seen one.
I was hasty with the phone because I was afraid the owner would catch me 😂

View attachment 178842View attachment 178843
Ive seen a few also, the body looks like it was made in an industrial sheet metal shop, maybe it will grow on me, currently its Butt ugly.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Still getting my ass kicked with work, by this time next week I will have a project finished that one of the last before pack, I might actually get some time off this summer.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been raining all week here. So I decided to spend a couple hours playing my neglected 12 string guitar. Once my voice started scratching and my fingers were almost bleeding, I decided to stop. I was playing a good mixture like Journey-Faithfully, U2- With or without you, even some savage garden and soundgarden. I cover everything from country to metal.

View attachment 178964
Now thats dedication

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to head to camp for the weekend with the family. I don't plan on doing anything except for relaxing. I may drink my dinner. 🍻

I always like to keep myself busy doing something. An older buddy of mine has a polaris ranger 570. I found him a set of bigger tires this spring to raise his machine up slightly. I also convinced him to install a 2" lift kit and ordered one for him. If the weather cooperates, I will install it for him.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Blood tests early this morning.

Stopped off at a friend's coffee shop. I taught him, and his family, how to fence. Remain in touch with them and they opened a coffee shop. I stop there whenever I get a chance (sadly not often enough). Today he had 2 specials. Homemade SPAM Pop-Tarts and Rye Whiskey barrel aged coffee beans. Thought I was in heaven. The pop tart was handmade, chunks of SPAM, some sort of melted cheese, probably something else I could not identify, in a rustic but light puff pastry that was cooked in an actual oven, not a microwave. I should have bought 6 to take home!

IMG_1895.jpeg

Spent a good bit of time after getting home planting flowers around the yard.

One of my fencing students works at a garden center and gets her pick of "imperfects" that can't be sold. She brings them to me. I literally come home with 20 to 30 plants every time she shows up (usually 2x per week). Most are "annuals" but there are some perennials. Honestly I can't keep up with all the planting. She has brought me probably 250-300 plants (so far).

Now sitting with my feet up.

Dr Pepper next to me.

Dogs scattered about.

WELCOME TO WREXHAM is playing on the TV. If you don't watch the show, you are missing out. Great show. I watch it on HULU. Might be available other places as well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A lot of little projects that have annoyed me for years.

Finishing the used brick patio at the back gate. Not done yet but closer.
Clearing the back porch so we can reinstall the backdoor where it is better suited for traffic and the new addition coming this summer.
Moving a lot of Violets from the brick patio sand toa new shade garden.
Suckering and tying up my potted tomatoes.
Giving all my plants some Bloom-Buster fertilizer
Clearing leaves and leveling rock where the new brick path is to be installed
Dumping several large pots of used dirt, from former garden planters, into the worm bed for Madison's pet robin, Winston.

Re-leveling bricks in the upper patio. I had "borrowed" some to complete the main patio and found some replacements. So, now I had to reset them and sand them in.

Trimmed the Bougainvillea which had stopped blooming and just looked gangly.
Finally, I moved the junk shelves for garden tools and such into the south side where we now keep all our garden "stuff"
to be out or sight.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The other week I set the propane tank with some trouble involved (rolling it over in the process)

Today I got the trench 1/2 way done from the cabin past the out house headed to the tanks location.

Attachments

• IMG_20240608_140734660.jpg
    IMG_20240608_140734660.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240608_140734660.jpg
    IMG_20240608_140734660.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240608_140744654.jpg
    IMG_20240608_140744654.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240608_140810349.jpg
    IMG_20240608_140810349.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13

Umberto

Today I went to gun club for a fun shoot, bbq, and club meeting. I shot a 22 at regular skeet and 20 at doubles and was pleased. One guy was going to shoot this box and was able to buy it. Afterwards I went the to commissary and got a few things my granddaughter will eat.

IMG_9773.jpeg