• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Occupy protesters Creating Major Law Enforcement Problems

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
This bunch sounds a lot more responsible than the folks out in Oakland and NYC.
There are a lot of areas all over the United States that are having responsible protests much like the one PG mentioned that are getting no media attention. :sad:

As far as NYC and Oakland WTF do you expect , they dont need a protest to show how worthless some locals are in either city they are that way any day of the year. :glare:

mak2

Just a point of order, I know the modern tea party tries to trace its linage back to 1773 I thought I would point out, they (Sons of Liberty) did not have permits either.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a question, did the government even issue permits in 1773?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a point of order, I know the modern tea party tries to trace its linage back to 1773 I thought I would point out, they (Sons of Liberty) did not have permits either.
True, Mak, but then again, there were no laws requiring permits in 1773.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
...with a population just under 40,000, only 15 people showed up for the inaugural event.
Interesting comments in the link.
They want a permit on the town square for the month of November-- fail.
The town square already holds a host of events for the good of the city ALL the time.
Music, food festivals, etc.. something the people of Lima want to attend for entertainment.
I don't see this Occupy Lima, Ohio thing going very far.
The holidays are approaching for one thing.
That is very important to the city in keeping with tradition and keeping it the way it always has been.
OWS is going to be lost on most in this corner of NW Ohio, except of course for those very few who want to jump on the global bandwagon.

hoo-ha..

---------------------
http://www.limaohio.com/news/lima-74180-occupy-group.html
LIMA — Occupy Lima could be settling in.

The group has applied to the city for a permit that would grant it access to the northeast corner of Town Square from noon to midnight each day in November.

The group submitted the permit application on Wednesday, Public Works Director Howard Elstro said Friday. An application typically takes two weeks for approval, but Elstro was hoping to have an answer for Occupy Lima organizers by Monday.

The application makes no mention of overnighting in the square, which the city considers part of its park system.

Until the application is approved or denied, protest organizers said on Friday, they would be unable to comment on what their next plans were.

About 15 people attended an inaugural gathering of Occupy Lima, fashioned after protest movement Occupy Wall Street. The group in Lima is attempting to establish a framework for the local movement, rather than to join in immediately with protests in other cities. The group is organizing with a Facebook page.

Occupy Wall Street began in September in Liberty Square in Manhattan's Financial District. People are protesting the role of major banks, multinational corporations and Wall Street in the Great Recession and their beliefs about the richest 1 percent of people dictating unfair global economic rules.