• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CF moto

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm back to using the flat deck trailer for the sxs as the snowmobile trailer was needed to move my snowmobiles from where they were sitting in storage.

20231015_135832.jpg

I used my trusted old Winchester 2200 12ga for old times sake.
20231015_135950.jpg

This culvert gave me a little struggle to get over as I ended up high centered on my way back over it and had to use the winch cable for the first time this season.
20231015_131736.jpg

I went to check out the newly repaired bridge over one of the snowmobile trails. This bridge basically cut our snowmobile trail system in half last season as far as grooming and forced us to use an active single lane logging road for 13 km to detour around.
20231015_125957.jpg

I use an app called GEOTRACKER to track my motions in the woods. Even without cell service, it works showing me exactly where I am which is a good thing as I normally cover 80 to 100km while out hunting.

Screenshot_20231015_175846_Geo Tracker.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm at 6500km on the cfmoto and she is getting a new set of rear wheel bearings and brake pads. The right side had blown completely but not until I got back from hunting a couple weeks ago. It took me 6hrs for one side from start to finish and 3 for the other as I spent half the time trying to figure out a way to get the old bearings out of the spindle using the tools I had. (My buddy has a hydraulic press that would have made it easier)

I had to resort to placing it on the cement and using a larger impact socket the same diameter as the bearings then using a 4 ft sledgehammer after cleaning it with brake fluid and soaking it in penetrating oil. Inserting the new bearing went alright. I had the spindle sitting on the floor with bearing lined up with the opening. A sledgehammer head sitting sideways on the bearing to cover it completely and tapping the hammer with a smaller one to drive it in flush after greasing it. That got me flush with the spindle. To seat it in the final bit so I could reinstall the c clip, I used the old bearing the same diameter for something to tap on with a hammer. It worked perfectly to seat the bearing.

This is the right side new bearing and old.
20241008_134334.jpg
20241007_211706.jpg

The left side was still holding but came out in two pieces so it was due to be changed. I got it all back together yesterday but didn't have time to bleed the brakes. I had to remove one of the calipers and take it to the work bench to remove the pads.

20241009_151035.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me about it. Hopefully the front ones survive a week as I'm heading out for a week moose hunting 3hrs north of here tomorrow afternoon. We had planned on taking the sxs a couple weeks ago when we went up bird hunting for the weekend however that's when I discovered the wheel bearing. At first I thought it was just the brakes until I jacked it up. She's running good now. I bled the brakes this morning. She's all greased up and ready to go.

While I had it apart, I took apart the pins and bushings and cleaned them up before applying new grease before reinstalling the spindles. When I get back from moose hunting, I will tackle the front ones before they leave me stranded.