• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up until 0.43 secs, I thought that Imp was trying to impersonate a Kristi.........then it went in the snow and proved me wrong.....

mattfidaho

seen on the top of Rendezvous Mountain, above teton village WY.
_9250080.jpg

_9250111.jpg

_9250109.jpg

_9250071.jpg

Must have been where it broke down. poor thing. ;-)

mattfidaho

It is too bad it was soo smoky that day :( We were up doing some radio work at the site there, the lift operator said that day was the worst it has been all summer... so figure :( at least the weather was nice for us.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Red River N.M. ski area uses an old 443 as a welcome mat. Had a Pisten Bully in the weeds too.

Attachments

• e790.jpg
    e790.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 655
  • e788.jpg
    e788.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 665
  • e791.jpg
    e791.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 655

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting tractor refit seen in Chama, N.M. Neat small town with a great historic train station. Massive snow blowers on display.

Attachments

• e823.jpg
    e823.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 666
  • e824.jpg
    e824.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 656
  • e822.jpg
    e822.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 652
  • e817.jpg
    e817.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 645

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wolf Creek, Co. has a nice 3700. Other one looks like a small PB.

Attachments

• e837.jpg
    e837.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 646
  • e836.jpg
    e836.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 633

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This 1800 is also on U-tube in a UFO Hunter segment #4. Very nice. Perhaps the owner will build the other one as well.

Attachments

• e826.jpg
    e826.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 641
  • e829.jpg
    e829.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 633
  • e828.jpg
    e828.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 635

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
So, down in my neck of the 'woods', eh? You may find some Wolf Creek and Chama pictures way back somewhere in this thread. There is a Kristi or two hiding in both places. :thumb:

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I don't know. You're just sorta "out there... somewhere,". I certainly always am keeping both eyes peeled for that highly desirable 601 of yours that we haven't seen much of lately.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
You will need to come a bit farther south, and keep to the river. :wink:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont think any one noticed the difference between the 2 bv's posted on page 16 one wes a 6 cylender and one was a 5cylender te 5 were supposed to be surplused out of the supply system along time ago i don;t know what it's still doing in service

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw it there 3 weeks ago when I was heading through. Still there this time around. I haven't heard yet.....is Nipigon running this year?

ve3otk

Saw it there 3 weeks ago when I was heading through. Still there this time around. I haven't heard yet.....is Nipigon running this year?

Nipigon is supposed to be running this year. They were supposed to get some help brushing their trails out. Don't know all the nitty-gritty details. This isn't the best place to discuss this.

I fly out of here (Musselwhite) tomorrow night, and drive home Thursday. the two weeks go by pretty fast up here.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Search & Rescue unit from Castle Rock in Frisco today. Surprised they made it through the I-70 weigh station chained down like that.

Attachments

• 898.jpg
    898.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 899.jpg
    899.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 582

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Search & Rescue unit from Castle Rock in Frisco today. Surprised they made it through the I-70 weigh station chained down like that.
Yep I agree . That is some piss poor tie downs !They would pay a big fine in most places !

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
looks like another safety one rig i have one just like that sitting in my shop now getting its bv206 tlc they all need if you run one any at all.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
looks like another safety one rig i have one just like that sitting in my shop now getting its bv206 tlc they all need if you run one any at all.
If that is a Safety One rig that is embarrassing . They know damn well how a piece of equipment should be chained down . There is no excuse for that from a company of their caliper .
I'd have that drivers ass if I owned the company . There's a lot of money sitting there . Why take a chance .
I once watched a 1/2 million dollars roll right off the back of a low bed that was chained the same way . It shut down traffic for hours and cost a whole bunch of money to repair and also repair the road damage that it caused . Just because a driver got in a hurry and did a half ass job of chaining .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Douglas County SAR and Safety One are not related. no need to smear Safety One's name.

I'm not smearing there name . I am responing to another posters post . I really don't give two hoots who it belongs to . It is piss poor chaining . You can like it or hate it . I could care less but the fact is whoever owns that rig has it chained incorrectly .
If you don't believe me take that picture down to the Highway Patrol truck scales and get a 2nd opinion . It only needs to fail one time to prove my point .

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
If that is a Safety One rig that is embarrassing . They know damn well how a piece of equipment should be chained down . There is no excuse for that from a company of their caliper .
I'd have that drivers ass if I owned the company . There's a lot of money sitting there . Why take a chance .
I once watched a 1/2 million dollars roll right off the back of a low bed that was chained the same way . It shut down traffic for hours and cost a whole bunch of money to repair and also repair the road damage that it caused . Just because a driver got in a hurry and did a half ass job of chaining .
i didn't say they chained it down but i bet they sold it to them i've got its twin brother at the shop .