• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tesla snowcat?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Will be interested to see how it performs in the snow.

FB_IMG_1707690171947.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmmm

EVs are heavy, it will probably be fine on packed or heavy snow. I’d be curious to see what it can do in Utah powder. Probably work ok as a cabin access cat, but not with a plow

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The crazy thing is how much money they will make just promoting that thing on social media. I'm sure I saw the hellcat jeep a few times on tiktok and insta. It's all about the views these days.

Bennyboy1337

In their last few videos those same tracks were on a hellcat powered Jeep. It was quite impressive.
Yeah, they work quite well in deep powder, especially with a 800+ hp Hellcat :LOL:

Obviously weight is a big concern, a Cybertruck weighs about 2,000lbs more than a Gladiator out of the gate, also it has IFS front and rear, which I could see as a huge weakpoint. Soild axles at the end of the day will always be more reliable with larger wheels/tracks at the end of them.

I'm sure they'll get some cool youtube clips out of it, maybe shred an A-arm in the process, then take them off and move on.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, they work quite well in deep powder, especially with a 800+ hp Hellcat :LOL:

Obviously weight is a big concern, a Cybertruck weighs about 2,000lbs more than a Gladiator out of the gate, also it has IFS front and rear, which I could see as a huge weakpoint. Soild axles at the end of the day will always be more reliable with larger wheels/tracks at the end of them.

I'm sure they'll get some cool youtube clips out of it, maybe shred an A-arm in the process, then take them off and move on.
I think you nailed it better than you realized. Should be a public link even if you don't have Facebook.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214-150838.png
    Screenshot_20240214-150838.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 39

Bennyboy1337

I think you nailed it better than you realized. Should be a public link even if you don't have Facebook.

Bawhahahah.... that A-arm folded like a pretzel. The steel in that material looks like sheet metal too. Even if they fabricate a custom beefy A-arm, I'd worry about the bushings on the frame getting destroyed, which I would love to watch happen!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a major rebuild was in order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-111610.png
    Screenshot_20240221-111610.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20240221-111620.png
    Screenshot_20240221-111620.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At least there's videos of it moving in the snow under it's own power unlike most Kristi snowcats. 🙃

(Sorry....had to get a jab in for old times sake) 🤣
Quoted for Truth :yum: :snow2_smi: :boxing:

The old rivalry between SnowTrac and Kristi has been resurrected from the grave! Truth be told, my love and loyalty may be to SnowTrac but if I stumbled over an unrestored Kristi anywhere near me I'd probably buy it.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
How much is this costing them? Choppers aren't cheap. Lmao🤣
If you haven't watched all his movies, that guy has more toys than anybody I know or have seen. They definitely didn't need a chopper. Lol he just likes showing off all his toys. With as many subscribers as he has, he's probably making enough in each video to pay for a cyber truck. These influencers make movies about anything. Look at whistlindiesel they do all kinds of stupid crap to make money.