• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vail Resorts to lay off 14% of its Ski Resort Staff

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Full story at link below:

Largest Ski Resort Operator In World Announces Mass Layoffs Ahead Of Winter

John OyewaleSeptember 27, 2024 6:45 PM ET
CANADA-SKI-WORLD CUP

Not the snowmobilers mentioned in the story. (Photo by PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images)

The world’s largest mountain resort operator announced Thursday it would eliminate certain positions to save costs even as ski season approaches.

Vail Resorts plans to lay off under two percent of the company’s entire workforce as part of a two-year plan, according to a company news release. The anticipated layoffs would include “14 percent of its corporate workforce and less than 1 percent of the company’s operations workforce.”

Vail Resorts, headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, employed about 7,600 year-round employees and 44,900-odd seasonal employees in the 2024 fiscal year which ended July 31, 2024. . . .

The company has approximately 40,200 employees, an IBISWorld estimate said. The layoffs could see approximately 800 employees depart.... Story Continues at link above.

BoyToys

Sucks. I went through a massive company layoff of the corporate staff that ended my career with my employer back in 1998. "Thanks for ten years of service, here's your walking papers". Happens all the time, big companies get a little full of themselves until the evil accountants look at the message in the tea leaves and decry a profit margin crisis. Turns out it was a good thing for me...after the shock...and got me back to my home turf 2000 miles away. Things always work out and usually for the best if you have the right mindset.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't see how a lot of people can afford to go skiing at this point and their adjusting to the pending market loss, unfortunate but big businesses' your just a number!

BoyToys

I can't see how a lot of people can afford to go skiing at this point and their adjusting to the pending market loss, unfortunate but big businesses' your just a number!
I no longer ski and haven't strapped on my boards for probably 30 years. But as a teen I would buy a season pass and skied the heck out of it...for $85 unlimited. It's now $630 for a seasons pass, or $100/day.