• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Accuracy of OIL LIFE Indicators REVEALED!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
9:56 min.

The Motor Oil Geek
The Motor Oil Geek
129K subscribers

59,603 views Oct 5, 2024 #motoroil #oilchange #engine
59,603 views • Oct 5, 2024 • #motoroil #oilchange #engine
Ever wondered if your car's oil life indicator is more of a guess than a guarantee? Discover how accurate oil life indicators really are as we compare used oil analysis results to what the GM Oil Life Indicator predicted. They don't actually test the oil, so how close to correct are they? These test results provide the proof of just how accurate these indicators are. We've got the answers, backed by a detailed used oil analysis test you won't want to miss!
=================================================================================
I aways wondered how these oil life indicators worked. Now I know. :tiphat:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My last Benz went 360,000 miles before I sold it. I saw that car driving around town for at least 2 years after that.
FSS had me changing oil about every 18,000 miles. In that 18,000 miles, if have to add a quart.
It didn't smoke. I'd still be driving that car but it turned into a rust bucket.
So who paid for this study? My expederience is trust FSS.
BTW. Mobil1 5w30. Gold Cap back in the day, now called high mileage.