• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old Fashioned

Umberto

Here is one I’ll have to try.

Tasting Notes​

The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned is a delight for your taste buds. You’ll first notice the rich, smoky flavor of bacon, which blends perfectly with the sweetness of maple syrup. The whiskey adds a warm, smooth touch, making each sip a perfect balance of flavors. It’s like a sweet, smoky hug in a glass.

Ingredients​

• 2 oz whiskey (preferably bourbon)
  • 1/2 oz maple syrup
  • 2 dashes of bitters
  • A strip of cooked bacon for garnish
  • Orange peel or cherries for garnish (optional)

IMG_4803.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Maple Old Fashioned sounds great.

I recently tried a "Grand Old Fashioned"

It substitutes in Grand Marnier for the traditional sugar/water (simple syrup), substitutes Orange Bitters for the traditional bitters. Quite tasty too.

Umberto

It substitutes in Grand Marnier for the traditional sugar/water (simple syrup), substitutes Orange Bitters for the traditional bitters. Quite tasty too.
I“ve been using a French orange liqueur, as well, instead of using the crushed sugar cube and use about a tsp.

Umberto

Oh, eh! I have orange bitter, just have not tried them yet. I have grapefruit bitters, as well, but not fond of them.

Reactions: Doc

Umberto

Old-Fashioned: Bourbon + Bacon​

INGREDIENTS​

• FOR THE BACON-INFUSED BOURBON​

• 1 (750 ml) bottle bourbon
    • 1 oz. liquefied bacon fat
  • FOR EACH OLD-FASHIONED​

• 2 oz. bacon-infused bourbon
    • ¼ oz. maple syrup (Grade B preferred)
    • 2 dashes Angostura bitters
    • Orange twist

PREPARATION​

• Make the bacon-infused bourbon: Add liquefied bacon fat to the bourbon in a nonreactive container and let sit for 4 hours. Then place in the freezer for 4 hours so that the fat solidifies. Strain through cheesecloth to remove the fat, then rebottle the bourbon.
        • Make the old-fashioned: Add bacon-infused bourbon to a mixing glass filled with ice. Add maple syrup and bitters. Stir until chilled. Strain into a rocks glass, preferably over a large ice cube. Rub the rim with orange twist, then drop into glass.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter

I make these and use Angostura bitters and it's delicious. I imagine Cointreau would work too in place of Grand Marnier.