• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obese Woman Wins MISS ALABAMA beauty contests

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think many people struggle with their weight.

But at some point unhealthy is simply unhealthy and it needs to be admitted, no matter if they are "body positive" or not.

We have several obese members in our family and concerns about health are always on our minds. One cousin died of complications from diabetes, as did a friend of the family.

I'm also not a fan of making fun of people's weight, but I'm not advocating celebrating being obese either. I mean seriously, WTH are we doing here?

Obese Woman Wins Miss Alabama And People Have Questions

20th August 2019​
070624obese.jpg
An obese woman has won Miss Alabama, with the organizers of the contest insisting that the intention of the beauty pageant was to “foster a positive self-image.”
Yes, really.​
After Sara Milliken learned that she had won the competition and would go on to represent her state at the national level, she hit back at critics who questioned her weight.​
“Even something that you type over a screen can have a lasting impression on people,” she told WKRG.​
According to a report by the news network, “The purpose of the national American Miss program is to grow confidence and foster a positive self-image.”​
This despite the fact that the level of obesity displayed by Milliken is linked with all manner of horrible diseases like diabetes, heart disease, strokes, and certain cancers.​
Respondents weren’t very impressed with the result.​
“Dang I didn’t realize this was a cattle auction,” wrote one.​
“This 500 pound woman is supposed to be a role model to kids,” added another.​
Some expressed gratitude for the fact that at least Milliken is a biological female, unlike the winner of Miss Maryland USA, who is a man.​
“She practiced 365 days? What? Eating?” remarked another.​
As we previously highlighted, the winner of this year’s Miss Germany wasn’t even German.​
Any guidelines or rules have been completely obliterated as such contests are completely turned over to woke extremists who use them as a vehicle to amplify the message.​
That message is incredibly harmful for young women, especially when you consider the fact that numerous ‘fat pride’ activists have literally died from being overweight in recent years.​

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's all about that inclusive thing.
It's NOT alright to be that heavy. Period.
This puts the idea that it is, inside the heads of young girls who aspire to go for this kind of thing.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
That's not obese. That's morbidly obese. And these assholes promoting obese-is-ok are criminals. Attempted murder.

KitKat2023

I came here to say that maybe she could be categorized as obese if she has a lot of muscle....but then I saw the pics. She's not healthy. I'm all for loving yourself as a person, but there comes a point where you need to want to protect yourself and your health as much as possible.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've given up trying to rationalize the stupidity of this world. I'm about to the point where I'm just going to opt out. I'm 77-years old and it can go on its merry way without me. Let me live out my life in peace and quiet and save me from dealing with the imbeciles.

laulau15

I think many people struggle with their weight.

But at some point unhealthy is simply unhealthy and it needs to be admitted, no matter if they are "body positive" or not.

We have several obese members in our family and concerns about health are always on our minds. One cousin died of complications from diabetes, as did a friend of the family.

I'm also not a fan of making fun of people's weight, but I'm not advocating celebrating being obese either. I mean seriously, WTH are we doing here?

Obese Woman Wins Miss Alabama And People Have Questions

20th August 2019​
070624obese.jpg
An obese woman has won Miss Alabama, with the organizers of the contest insisting that the intention of the beauty pageant was to “foster a positive self-image.”
Yes, really.​
After Sara Milliken learned that she had won the competition and would go on to represent her state at the national level, she hit back at critics who questioned her weight.​
“Even something that you type over a screen can have a lasting impression on people,” she told WKRG.​
According to a report by the news network, “The purpose of the national American Miss program is to grow confidence and foster a positive self-image.”​
This despite the fact that the level of obesity displayed by Milliken is linked with all manner of horrible diseases like diabetes, heart disease, strokes, and certain cancers.​
Respondents weren’t very impressed with the result.​
“Dang I didn’t realize this was a cattle auction,” wrote one.​
“This 500 pound woman is supposed to be a role model to kids,” added another.​
Some expressed gratitude for the fact that at least Milliken is a biological female, unlike the winner of Miss Maryland USA, who is a man.​
“She practiced 365 days? What? Eating?” remarked another.​
As we previously highlighted, the winner of this year’s Miss Germany wasn’t even German.​
Any guidelines or rules have been completely obliterated as such contests are completely turned over to woke extremists who use them as a vehicle to amplify the message.​
That message is incredibly harmful for young women, especially when you consider the fact that numerous ‘fat pride’ activists have literally died from being overweight in recent years.​
I can see what some people might feel this way but we were not created the same in terms of the same body shape etc.
So while...
Who knows what a person's natural body shape may be...it is not right to pass judgement of a person and their body shape particularly not a woman.
And it saddens me to think of the pain people go through when they are deeply insecure about their weight that people have to make it so much worst in a vicious way.
And these beauty pageants where people are forced to think that these perfect skinny model bodies is something to admire is wrong.
And I have watched them with fun in the past too at times but...
1). People do not need to watch these people in swimsuits with seemly perfect bodies is sickening and it definitely does not reflect anything to admire.
And whether these people have any 'admirable qualities' is beyond me.
So at least this woman is going out there and she loves herself best she can so she shows people that she is beautiful just the way she is at any size and that is brave and admirable.

Smilingreen

Old enough to know better
I can see what some people might feel this way but we were not created the same in terms of the same body shape etc.
So while...
Who knows what a person's natural body shape may be...it is not right to pass judgement of a person and their body shape particularly not a woman.
And it saddens me to think of the pain people go through when they are deeply insecure about their weight that people have to make it so much worst in a vicious way.
And these beauty pageants where people are forced to think that these perfect skinny model bodies is something to admire is wrong.
And I have watched them with fun in the past too at times but...
1). People do not need to watch these people in swimsuits with seemly perfect bodies is sickening and it definitely does not reflect anything to admire.
And whether these people have any 'admirable qualities' is beyond me.
So at least this woman is going out there and she loves herself best she can so she shows people that she is beautiful just the way she is at any size and that is brave and admirable.
Wut???
People need to get over themselves. I am old, I am over-weight and I don't care what people think of my love handles. They like me because of my charming personality and my big........But I am intelligent enough to know that I am not going to parade around in butt floss in public or online and then demand that everyone accept me and praise me for doing something stupid, looking like a miniature Fat Albert. If you do something stupid on-line, suck it up buttercup and accept your hazing. Real life doesn't have coloring books and safe spaces on the menu.

Smilingreen

Old enough to know better
Obese is deadly. It's not something to parade around.
If not for yourself, then for your family and friends, get in shape. Lose the fat. Live a happy life
Meh....I live a happy life. My daily caloric intake is less than 1200 on most days, I am up and active everyday, I can power walk several miles a day, but I take a medication called a beta-blocker and a side effect is it keeps cardio exercise from really working. I have tried other types of meds multiple times through the years, but they don't work. I could sit around and cry about that side effect all day, but I have too much stuff to do and not enough time to get it all done. It is what it is. Either people like me for who, what or what I look like or they don't. But I don't beg for on-line verbal abuse by entering beauty contests dressed in butt floss......:rock:

laulau15

Wut???
People need to get over themselves. I am old, I am over-weight and I don't care what people think of my love handles. They like me because of my charming personality and my big........But I am intelligent enough to know that I am not going to parade around in butt floss in public or online and then demand that everyone accept me and praise me for doing something stupid, looking like a miniature Fat Albert. If you do something stupid on-line, suck it up buttercup and accept your hazing. Real life doesn't have coloring books and safe spaces on the menu.
🥴
I'm probably braver than you would ever be.
You do not know me or my life.
Women that large should be able to live their lives without the hate because they receive so much.
If you know it how can you criticise.
If you think about all the hate larger women receive when some may already struggle with self love and looked down on as a whole, it is truly repulsive. People should not have to be called fat or food shamed ever especially online but not at all.
It is more offensive seeing a possibly stupid and thin women who looks perfect with a model body do the swimsuit competition. That is an insult to women saying that is anything to look up to.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
🥴
Women that large should be able to live their lives without the hate because they receive so much.
If you think about all the hate larger women receive when some may already struggle with self love and looked down on as a whole, it is truly repulsive. People should not have to be called fat or food shamed ever especially online but not at all.
It is more offensive seeing a possibly stupid and thin women who looks perfect with a model body do the swimsuit competition. That is an insult to women saying that is anything to look up to.
A rather judgmental post.

Brave people find no need to brag about it.
Fat women are not "hated." They just are not admired for their preventable obesity.
Not all thin models are stupid. In fact, most are quite the opposite. They have enough sense, and discipline, to be healthy on purpose.
being thin is heathy. Being obese is not. Whilst there is no justification in "hating" them, there is simply no reason to compliment people who allow themselves to become fat.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
🥴
Been reading your posts, my take, you are looking for trouble