• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Individual Mandate Republican's Fault

Kane

Actually, that is exactly the say it was designed! It was working too until Congress, in its infinite wizdumb,
decided to move the SSA money from the separate account where it was held and place it instead into the general
fund. Of course, once it was in the general fund it could be reallocated to other programs ... which was exactly why
it was moved.:hammer:

Since that time it has been as you note: the money I paid in was used by those who retired before me, and those who
are working now are paying for me.
:shock: But, that is not the way the system was supposed to work.:sad:
I surely do not feel "entitled" (used as a perjorative) collecting the maximum SS check after paying the maximum tax for 50 years. But I've often wondered how I might have better invested that maximum tax myself in lieu of letting my government waste and mishandle it.