• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Customer Service

Slant Eyed Polack

Many moons ago when I was still in the Pacific Northwest (and before the internet) I shipped a box of Washington State apples to my dad and his wife in New Mexico. I found myself speaking to a cheerful black woman who was competent and helpful, until I gave her Dad’s address in Ruidoso, NM.

“I’m sorry sir. We don’t ship internationally.”

“Ah, I’m sorry. I’m not sending them to Mexico. I’m shipping them to Ruidoso NEW Mexico.”

“I heard you the first time sir, and we don’t ship to foreign countries.”

I did my best clear up her misunderstanding about New Mexico; its locale & nationality. “Not Mexico. New Mexico. In the United States.” In an exasperated tone she replied, “NEW Mexico, OLD Mexico, it doesn’t matter – we don’t ship to that country!”

I asked for her supervisor and told him the tale. There was a pause, then “Christ on a tampon.” He quickly apologized for the outburst. I laughed and thanked him for it; it's been in my arsenal ever since.

The supe gave me 10% off my order and threw in a box of some confection or other.

Mediocrity, thy name is government funded education.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc