• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amazon car parts

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had relatively good luck with Amazon parts for our vehicles aside from a faulty set of ignition coils for the truck last winter.

Yesterday I set out to find a set of front brake pads and rotors for our 99 Pontiac grand am. I tried a few different places with no luck. Napa had the pads at their location 8km away but the rotors had to be ordered and were a 4-5 day wait. I had already looked them up on Amazon for comparison. It boiled down to the same price within pennies local vs Amazon. And local means another trip to the city to pick them up in a few days. Amazon it is. Delivered right to my door step.

I had also done the pads and rotors front and back on my wife's expedition last week and discovered that one of the calipers had a rusted stuck sliding pin. I freed it up but locally, I was told that I would have to replace the entire caliper at roughly $400. I found replacement pins on Amazon for $12.

With a fleet of 6 vehicles to maintain, I try to save money on parts wherever I can.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly I never even thought of shopping Amazon for car parts.