• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for breakfast?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a dinner thread but I always enjoyed a good breakfast.

I've been on a cast iron kick lately and recently purchased a nice lodge flat pan. I also picked up a cast iron burger press.

Here's this morning's creation. 2 eggs, chopped onions and sweet peppers fried. Seasoned with freshly ground pepper, sea salt, Cajun seasoning. Topped with marble cheese. Then I took flat bread tortilla wraps and drizzled some Frank's red hot Buffalo sauce and salsa. Folded it into an open wrap then back onto the pan to grill with the press.

20240323_082749.jpg

20240323_082430.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a dinner thread but I always enjoyed a good breakfast.

I've been on a cast iron kick lately and recently purchased a nice lodge flat pan. I also picked up a cast iron burger press.

Here's this morning's creation. 2 eggs, chopped onions and sweet peppers fried. Seasoned with freshly ground pepper, sea salt, Cajun seasoning. Topped with marble cheese. Then I took flat bread tortilla wraps and drizzled some Frank's red hot Buffalo sauce and salsa. Folded it into an open wrap then back onto the pan to grill with the press.

View attachment 176104
View attachment 176103
Spicy enough to wake the teenagers, or the dead. :yum:

KitKat2023

Oatmeal for me today for breakfast! I needed something that will keep me full until lunch since I got up really early this morning.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love oatmeal but almost never eat it.

Usually a couple scrambled eggs for me. Sometimes fried eggs. But eggs are just an easy choice and frequent.

Shakshuka is a favorite, if I have a bit more time, occasionally made fresh if I have the stuff in the fridge. Often its a combination of some fresh ingredients and a splash of something from a jar (either some mild salsa or some spaghetti sauce or both). It is actually pretty quick, and it is very easy, and it can be adapted to using up some leftovers. But basically its chunked/chopped tomatoes and mild peppers sautéed down to a semi-chunky sauce, with a couple eggs poached on top.

https://www.themediterraneandish.com/shakshuka-recipe/

I'm also a big fan of Corned Beef Hash and also Biskets & Gravy . . . but lately I'm avoiding both because I'm trying to manage my carbohydrate intake and sticking to a Keto, or at least Keto-ish diet. Not to lose weight, but to avoid Type 2 Diabetes.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Skipped breakfast today so I had an early lunch, just finished it at noon. Does that qualify as "Brunch" maybe?

And in my defense, I was left alone and unattended, except for the 3 dogs.

2 1/4# hamburger patties, seasoned with Morton's Nature's Seasoning, each topped with Cheddar-Jack cheese. Grilled onion between the 2 patties. And a fried egg topping the stack of meat and cheese.

No photos, I ate it all.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oatmeal for me today for breakfast! I needed something that will keep me full until lunch since I got up really early this morning.
II love oatmeal. I have it most everyday.
Generally, with fresh fruits and nuts. That usually tides me over until dinner time.

Lunch, if I have it, is usually a 1/2" slice of tomato on a burger bun with butter, salt and pepper. (A raw tomato is the only food I ever salt.)

My name is actually "Francis." If you are old enough, you might remember the "Francis, the Mule" movies back in the fifties when I was a young boy.
Man did I get the ribbings from my classmates.

However, between that influence, and my handling of mules during childhood and as a young adult, I grew fond of oats. Raw oats. So, I enjoy them cold with milk, real Maple syrup, and fruit most every morning. If I don't cook it, is it still "Oatmeal?

Last edited:
While I'm not fond of breakfast, I love breakfast foods if that makes any sense. Breakfast for dinner is not uncommon at me casa. Omelets, hashbrowns, ham & eggs, etc. In the mornings I typically have coffee and some fruit. Maybe a piece of toast.

Speaking of hashbrowns - if you make yours from scratch, you know that squeezing as much water as possible out of the spuds is key. I've found the best method: potato ricer.

You're welcome.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had this for breakfast yesterday.
I'm not a big brekkie person, it's normally coffee.
The administrator here also has a cooking forum.
I'm not pirate_girl there.
My username is Sass Muffin.
Scrambled eggs with spinach, Dave's bread, cantaloupe and V8.

IMG_20240404_101124977.jpg