• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids and I had dinner at Outlaw Smokehouse, then we took a walk down by the river.
I'll be going to Good Friday services tomorrow, then I'm well enough now to work on Saturday night, which means I'll be snoozing away most of Easter Sunday. I think the Lord will forgive me 😊

Look at this pulled pork sandwich 😮😂
Outlaw never disappoints.

IMG_20240328_134515103.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And so I'm finally over this flu crap.
Now I have an annoying floater in my left eye.
Looks like a strand of dark hair most of the time, if I close my eyes and look around, it's like a flashing light.😠
I've had them before years ago, but they went away.
Aging sucks, if it's not one thing it's another.
I'll see the eye guy in Defiance if it doesn't correct itself.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a strand of dark hair most of the time, if I close my eyes and look around, it's like a flashing light.😠
I have a couple of floaters and they told me they cant do anything for me until they are worse then the do a fluid change and suck them out.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It probably won't. I've had a floater in my right eye for over 50 years now.

Annoying as hell.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 6am. It's good Friday. The in-laws are here for Easter weekend. We have no water. Fun.

Our well guy came yesterday to change the pump but got an emergency call to go pick up his daughter from school before he got it out of the pipe and the new one in. I re primed it and it was working. Woke up to no running water and the pump won't reset.

640am update. Lol. Water is back on. But we're limping through using minimal water and spreading it out. We have 5 gallons of water a minute pressure in the pipe but if it can't get to the house there's a problem. So it's not a water volume issue.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting to find out funeral information for my cousin who died yesterday after a battle with cancer. He died while I was driving out to pick up Dasha from Notre Dame to bring her home. Because of the Easter Holiday weekend, I expect that the wake and funeral will be postponed until no earlier than a Tuesday wake/Wednesday funeral, but it may be pushed out toward the weekend to allow out of town family members to travel.

Later today I'll be taking Dasha up to Chicago to Melen's condo. The two of them will be preparing most of the Easter dinner. Dasha will stay in the city until Sunday, when she will return back here to be with us Sunday evening.

Not sure what else I will be doing today. Hopefully not much!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Good Friday services today, veneration and communion at St. Augustine.
They're having stations of the cross after 7, but I won't go back for that.
They used to do it right after.
I made my Good Friday supper.
Fish and chips in the air fryer.
I was hungry!

IMG_20240329_164441307_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Outside chores today. Very windy so I stayed off the roof.

Finished the back garden retaining wall. Vacuumed up the leaves in the main part of the backyard.

Reset THOR, an EasterIsland statue replica, in the garden. He had sunk about a foot into the soil. So I filled the hole with compacted gravel. Laid a large landscape block over that and set him up proper.

Burned last Christmas's pine tree and a big pile of other brush.

Cleaned the back patios.

Dug out bad dirt in the front gardens and poured in two full wheelbarrows of composted potting soil mix. Ready for bedding plants

Placed the last of my Suet cakes into the cages for attracting the Blue Birds. Got a bunch of Starlings instead.

Laid back for a nice evening meal with a fire in the big circle pit.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting to find out funeral information for my cousin who died yesterday after a battle with cancer. He died while I was driving out to pick up Dasha from Notre Dame to bring her home. Because of the Easter Holiday weekend, I expect that the wake and funeral will be postponed until no earlier than a Tuesday wake/Wednesday funeral, but it may be pushed out toward the weekend to allow out of town family members to travel.

Later today I'll be taking Dasha up to Chicago to Melen's condo. The two of them will be preparing most of the Easter dinner. Dasha will stay in the city until Sunday, when she will return back here to be with us Sunday evening.

Not sure what else I will be doing today. Hopefully not much!
sorry about your cousin

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 6am. It's good Friday. The in-laws are here for Easter weekend. We have no water. Fun.

Our well guy came yesterday to change the pump but got an emergency call to go pick up his daughter from school before he got it out of the pipe and the new one in. I re primed it and it was working. Woke up to no running water and the pump won't reset.

640am update. Lol. Water is back on. But we're limping through using minimal water and spreading it out. We have 5 gallons of water a minute pressure in the pipe but if it can't get to the house there's a problem. So it's not a water volume issue.
nuthin more fun than a bad pump in a deep well. I was replacing them on 4 year intervals, until I added a 2500 gallon tank and a above ground pressure pump. What hurts pumps or any electric motor is cycling on and off. Now that the above ground pressure pump is taking the abuse, I changed it out after 5 years for $300.00 and an hours work, but the deep well pump has got 6 years on it now and still going. The deep pump now only comes on every other day on average to fill the tank instead of every time you turned the water on. I put float switches to stop the water flow if the water level in the tank drops below half way, so I have 1200 gallons of water to last until I can fix the deep well pump. I would strongly recommend a storage tank and pressure pump if you don't have one.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
nuthin more fun than a bad pump in a deep well. I was replacing them on 4 year intervals, until I added a 2500 gallon tank and a above ground pressure pump. What hurts pumps or any electric motor is cycling on and off. Now that the above ground pressure pump is taking the abuse, I changed it out after 5 years for $300.00 and an hours work, but the deep well pump has got 6 years on it now and still going. The deep pump now only comes on every other day on average to fill the tank instead of every time you turned the water on. I put float switches to stop the water flow if the water level in the tank drops below half way, so I have 1200 gallons of water to last until I can fix the deep well pump. I would strongly recommend a storage tank and pressure pump if you don't have one.
if you added more pressure tanks you can cut cycle time. how deep is your well mine id 450 ft and it lasted 20 years all though pump costs 2700 (mine just failed last fall)

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
if you added more pressure tanks you can cut cycle time. how deep is your well mine id 450 ft and it lasted 20 years all though pump costs 2700 (mine just failed last fall)
I have 1 pressure tank, after the 2500 gallon storage tank installation with the pressure pump, I have been happy with it, but there is always room for improvement. My well is around 350' down. after I retire I plan to build a trailer with a triangulated pole I can raise up with a winch to pull the deep well pump myself. I have 20' lengths of PVC so I need something to pull the pump clamp off the pipe then un screw it and lay iy down. I figure I could use a 10,000 pound winch for a truck to raise the pole then a smaller one to pull the pump. A couple weekends and some material will get it done, then I will have it for future. Last time I changed it, I got charged $4,000.00 and the pump was around $600.00. t was changed out in 6 hours. Easy work just a little time consuming.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have 1 pressure tank, after the 2500 gallon storage tank installation with the pressure pump, I have been happy with it, but there is always room for improvement. My well is around 350' down. after I retire I plan to build a trailer with a triangulated pole I can raise up with a winch to pull the deep well pump myself. I have 20' lengths of PVC so I need something to pull the pump clamp off the pipe then un screw it and lay iy down. I figure I could use a 10,000 pound winch for a truck to raise the pole then a smaller one to pull the pump. A couple weekends and some material will get it done, then I will have it for future. Last time I changed it, I got charged $4,000.00 and the pump was around $600.00. t was changed out in 6 hours. Easy work just a little time consuming.

look at changing the pipe to poly sdr7 would handle the pressure just use long shank brass or stainless steel hose barbs more user friendly i just got a 500 ft roll to replace my white pvc when i set my pump back in the well in 2 weeks or so.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
look at changing the pipe to poly sdr7 would handle the pressure just use long shank brass or stainless steel hose barbs more user friendly i just got a 500 ft roll to replace my white pvc when i set my pump back in the well in 2 weeks or so.
How much $$ per foot was it. At the cabin I had to replace 1300' of 1-1/2" that ran from my spring to the holding tank that burned up in a forest fire. When I priced it, it was nearly double price of 20' white PVC. I installed the PVC.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How much $$ per foot was it. At the cabin I had to replace 1300' of 1-1/2" that ran from my spring to the holding tank that burned up in a forest fire. When I priced it, it was nearly double price of 20' white PVC. I installed the PVC.
IIRC it was just a little over t $1.00 a foot

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
IIRC it was just a little over t $1.00 a foot
Thats not a bad price, the price I got quoted at the time, 2021 was around $3.00 a foot, can't remember exactly. It was right in the middle of the COVID lockdown, could have been inflated at the time?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was my turn at a 24hr flu bug. Woke up with a splitting headache and upset stomach pretty much all day. Felt a little better in the afternoon so I tackled installing a plug in receptacle on the outside of a bedroom I'm building.

This morning has been a bit crazy. I spoke with the insurance adjuster to get my truck to a shop for repairs. I waited all day for the well guys to show up to change out our pump. It survived the weekend just barely keeping up with hand washing and toilet flushing. I attempted a shower Saturday morning and it kicked out within 5 minutes. I have to drive to the city in a bit then coming home to start on drywalling the outside. We now have reliable water again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove to the city this morning to bring our daughter to school. Then a whole slew of stops before coming home to install some trim downstairs. Rather than sit bored for an hour, I grabbed the clippers and groomed on of the dogs. Made supper. Drove our youngest daughter to piano lessons.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hit the ground running and didn't stop all day. I started off doing another layer of drywall mud downstairs then drove our daughter to school, came home and started a rear brake job on my buddy's jeep cherokee. New pads and rotors. After doing one side, I drove back to the city to pick up my daughter and a few new lug nuts as some were stripped. I came back and tackled the other side of the brakes then went for a short successful test drive. Came home and immediately went back to work on the bedroom doing some touch up paint where I decided to fix some sloppy mudding I did. Now....it's 5 o'clock 🍻🍺🍻

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to Springfield MO tomorrow. Our Destination RV is in an old trailer park and the new owners are kicking the RV residents out so they can use the lots to sell a new mobile Home. Sadly, our lease/contract allows this.

The Destination RV is 40 feet by 14 feet with the bump-outs. But we set it up permanent with skirting, a big deck and a 10'X12' two story barn. I have to dismantle a lot and move it all by May 31st.

Not to mention it is where My son and his partner live.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. I'm just picturing the amount of work that would be. I have our camper set up semi permanent. I can have the camper itself out in an hour. The rest is mostly fence boards and pallets screwed together in such a way that I can dismantle it if needed.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. I'm just picturing the amount of work that would be. I have our camper set up semi permanent. I can have the camper itself out in an hour. The rest is mostly fence boards and pallets screwed together in such a way that I can dismantle it if needed.
I nail virtually nothing together anymore. Always tort screws.

First, it is more secure and second, I can more easily take something apart that I did wrong.

The barn is movable intact in skids but, we have to empty it. The foundation is concrete piers I can just pickup.

Yes, a lot of time consuming work. A good thing I am semi retired and can take the time off work.

I do have several packaging machines to work on and sell. They will just have to wait.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funeral mass and burial services for my cousin's husband. Luncheon afterwards. It was pretty bad. And a long day. Got home about 4:30pm.

Grabbed my fencing club keys and headed back out the door to get some last minute equipment for the Midwest Fencing Conference Championships tomorrow. One of the Purdue University team captains texted me asking if I could bring him a brand new blade. He uses international level competition equipment and the Purdue armory doesn't keep that quality of blade, but i have some of it at my club. I had exactly what he wanted. so I picked it up for him, along with some tools to install it.

Competition starts at Michigan State University at 9:30am tomorrow morning. I'm planning to leave the house about 5am to pull in 15 minutes before they start. I'll have time to replace his blade, rewire the sockets, reinstall the guard and grip and he can be on the competition before they start.