• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Two-wheeled manual trolley for garden and countryside DIY use

underdog

Hi, in a garden I own, located in an inaccessible area, out of the way and without a fence, I would have to move some large stones weighing 80 kg each. I can't leave tools and it would be uneconomical for me to bring agricultural machinery. I wouldn't know how to load the wheelbarrow.
I had the idea of making a 2-wheel trolley and a pallet with waste material, it must be compact in size, I would have to carry it in the bonnet of a small car or a fiesta. How should I make it happen? instead of the classic pressed sheet metal pallet I thought of creating a sort of fork like the tusks of the forklift to impale the stones, since they are irregular in shape what do you think, how would you do it thanks regards

Pratico e solido!​

• Economico: 2 ruote gommate diametro 15cm.
  • Dimensioni: L 49 x P 58 x H 107 cm.
  • Dimensioni piastra: L 40 x P 20 cm.
  • Dimensioni pala di carico: L 40 x P 47 cm.
  • Peso: 9 kg

1701361852731.png

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't see your whole picture.
Are you trying to make something like a hand truck? There's several variations but this is the basic idea.
Even a cheap one is rated for around 600 pounds.

iu

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They also make folding ones but they can't haul as much. 80kg is about the rated limit.

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't see all of your picture.

Bigger wheels make things roll better on soft and uneven ground.
I use a simple dolly in my yard like BCZOOM posted but mine has some larger than stock tires/wheels on it. The wheels are available at all sorts of places like Northern Tool, Menards, Harbor Freight, etc

Reactions: Doc

underdog

the stones are heavy I managed to move them with a steel bar with wooden planks underneath as a ramp