• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track Belting Issue

Tucker1442

Hope this is the right place to be asking, I’m a newbie to these forums. If not please re direct me.

1990 Tucker 1442 with steel tracks. Have replacement belting from Track Inc made to order for my machine. Installed new belts with pre punched holes and re installed tracks on carriers. New belting is about 1/16” wider than old. Belting is now rubbing the drive sprocket. Is this a major concern or will it wear in? Appreciate the feedback.
IMG_2565.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the Snowcat Forums at ForumsForums

I would expect it to wear in. The belting is reinforced rubber with fibers, the drive sprocket is not. The rubber will wear and should do no harm.

Mechanic

如果想改变现状,有两种方法,1.将驱动轮拆开并减少 2-5 毫米。用刀具切割皮带的宽度。显然,您不必这样做。轨道容易受到损坏。您只需要等待下次更换皮带即可。我可以帮你,我可以为你制作合适的腰带,只要你给我数据。

Mechanic

A new rubber belt always tightens. As long as you haven't put in a lot of effort to install it. You can continue to use it. I hope to see the pictures so that I can provide you with the most accurate information.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Belts ARE directional. I am not saying they are on wrong, but holes are offset to one side. I can show you my punching template if needed. Im my opinion rubbing is bad. Belts will warm sprockets. Belt gets a break as its path is longer. But the sprocket gets rubbed steady.

$.02 (bout all its worth)