• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Serenade, April, 3 to 7, 2024

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes,

Snow Cat Serenade is returning...April, 3 to 7, 2024

it is all because, "It happened in Sun Valley," with a "How to Marry a Millionaire"twist.

Well the back story to the return of the Serenda is, WBJ1, Chad, "snowzilla" owner, shows up two years ago to "Snow Cat Serenade" in flip flops, t-shirt and shorts with Jenn, also wearing flip flops, t-shirt, and shorts, they are from Georgia, think that explains just about everything, they were just loving the whole Sawtooth Mountain thing, and living the whole "It happened in Sun Valley", they went home happier than when they came that year.

So, the next year, SC2022, Jenn and Chad, were back, and wearing those flip flops, t-shirts and long pants, as everyone remembers, lasts years event had Doc and Mrs Doc, renewing their marriage vows on Fox Peak, the "Sawtooth Preacher" officiated. quite memorable. Guess that made quite impression on the Georgia kids

And to wrap up this story, while I was enjoying my retirement from hosting snow catting stuff, snow drifter and I we did a fund raiser for the Crag Rats of Hood River, Oregon, to help out with the restoration costs of Cloud Cap Inn, Jenn and Chad were generous enough to make a donation and participated in this very special fund raiser, and little did I know, Chad had other plans by coming out to Oregon. He proposed to Jenn and she said YES!

So, WBJ1 asked, no begged me, the begging was not pretty, to bring back the Serenade so they could have their wedding in the Sawtooths, with the "Sawtooth Preacher" officiating, with the all the snow catters in attendance, to say the least, they love all of you folks. This is the "How to Marry a Millionaire" part.

The plan is to have a snow cat event with a wedding thrown in,

Quite sure everyone is asking about now, will there be snow, the answer is, YES YES YES... we are catting in the Stanley Basin, where the snow lasts into late May, the snow storms are always bigger in the Stanley basin area and always have far more snow then the Wood River Valley.

This year we are staying in the Sun Valley Lodge, and have great room rates. though you are welcome to stay at any of Sun Valley accommodations

the basic agenda is, with additional details added as time goes by:

April 3 th arrive, hosted after dinner drinks, Eddie Duchin lounge

April 4 th, headed up north to the Stanley Basin area, south end, just over Galena summit, trail lunch provided, hosted after dinner drinks, Eddie Duchin lounge

April 5 th, Wedding in the Sawtooths, everyone is invited, it will be special and quite memoriable, hosted Reception, late afternoon/evening, family friendly, live music, food and good time for all, Jenn and Chad's 4 children will be there, along with their families. No gifts please.
If you wish to do something else, feel free to do so, I will have an alternate snow cat trek available.

April 6 th, back into the Stanley Basin, headed to Red Fish Lake, trail lunch provided, absolutely epic, all I can say is, Sawtooths at their finest!!! Round House dinner, after dinner hosted drinks, Eddie Duchin Lounge

April 7 th, say our good byes and head for home with so many new friends and memories

as always, you can come a couple days early or stay an extra day or two your room rate is the same, take some time to explore the area, fyi, spring skiing in Sun Valley is absolutely the BEST

most sincerely

Pontoon Princess

s-l400.jpeg

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
okay, guys, 800-786-8259, call now, operators standing by, be sure to tell the them you are with snow cat gathering, this time we are headquartering in the Lodge, though, you are welcome to stay elsewhere in sun valley, the Inn, condos, etc...

if you have any problems making reservations,
Please, Please, Please. message me asap! and I will get the issue resolved and your reservation made

Last edited:

The Sweet Wbj1

GOLD Site Supporter
PP hit the nail on the head. We are so excited. Neither one of us wanted anyone besides The Sawtooth Preacher to marry us. And how cool to do it up in the mountains with friends, family and snow cats!!! We will never be able to thank PP enough for organizing this!! Really looking forward to this!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
operators standing by,

make those reservations today, remember to tell the operator you are with snow cat gathering,

Idaho snow mobile stickers will be provided, no charge, for the out of state cats, nice to be legal

Last edited:

Travler

GOLD Site Supporter
I have not spent any time there , do you take your cat from there or off load the Snow cat somewhere else then go to the lodge , is there trailer parking

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not spent any time there , do you take your cat from there or off load the Snow cat somewhere else then go to the lodge , is there trailer parking
we trailer the cats to different locations each day, thus never unloading at sun valley, we do have a parking lot just for our rigs and trailers... any further questions, please pm me and very happy to answer them.

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Travler,

If you haven't read the after-action reports of the previous Sun Valley Serenades, you should consider doing so. It will whet your appetite for SV 2024. At the SV resort they have the Inn and the Lodge. I've stayed at both, and the Lodge is substantially nicer. PP does a simply phenomenal job of planning and coordinating the events with multiple parties ahead of time. When it kicks off, the execution is seamless.

I'll also put in a plug for dinner at the Roundhouse. It will be expensive; at least by my standards. However, it will be a very enjoyable and memorable experience.

Casper6688

This sounds like a great motivator for getting my rig finished . Does anyone know if there is much snowmobiling to be done in the area ? are there any attendees who would be interested in a day or 2 of snowmobiling ?

Mike

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
This sounds like a great motivator for getting my rig finished . Does anyone know if there is much snowmobiling to be done in the area ? are there any attendees who would be interested in a day or 2 of snowmobiling ?

Mike
you are most welcome to go snowmobiling, there is lots of area to run in,

though, I like to keep them separate activities so we have no conflicts, come and enjoy, I would suggest snowmobiling either before or after the main event

Last edited: