• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffet, dead at 76,

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Loved some of his music. Brilliant businessman, who was not only a singer songwriter but owned an empire of restaurants, cruise ships and even a retirement community. Worth something north of a couple hundred million dollars, we actually met him in Key West at a bar. Got a lot of his music on my playlists, gonna miss this one.

JB2021-tour-art-gold.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was he? I never knew that. He had good music too.
He was a solid Democrat. No question there. Clearly he was also a capitalist and a self made man who literally built a billion dollar empire of restaurants, entertainment venues, music, etc. He was a pilot, businessman, real estate developer, author (novels) in addition to being a singer, song writer.

Ironman

He was a solid Democrat. No question there. Clearly he was also a capitalist and a self made man who literally built a billion dollar empire of restaurants, entertainment venues, music, etc. He was a pilot, businessman, real estate developer, author (novels) in addition to being a singer, song writer.
That’s what I hear. I wasn’t a super huge fan but I never knew that. The same reason I won’t pay any money to hear James Taylor. I’ll listen for free but that’s about it.
Glad I never went to any of his concerts at Alpine Valley down the road from me.