• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Robert F Kennedy Jr announces his new Vice-Presidential running mate

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While the Democratic Party is working hard to keep R.F.K. Jr, off the ballot nationally, the son and heir, of what is arguably the most famous Democratic political family, is pursuing an independent challenge and announcing his new running mate.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was hoping he'd have picked Mike Rowe or Ted Nugent. That would have shaken things up. ;)
No, instead he picked a very wealthy running mate who funds a lot of liberal causes and has a long history of supporting liberal Democratic politicians.

I too was hoping he would break the mold and show us something new. Instead he is an old school Democrat from the 1960/1970's era who picked a modern, apparently liberal Democrat, as his running mate.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No, instead he picked a very wealthy running mate who funds a lot of liberal causes and has a long history of supporting liberal Democratic politicians.

I too was hoping he would break the mold and show us something new. Instead he is an old school Democrat from the 1960/1970's era who picked a modern, apparently liberal Democrat, as his running mate.
For those thinking RFK might be a sensible option over the radical left, or Trump, his choice has pretty well dispelled that notion.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's something very interesting to read on the subject.
More at the link.

It’s the moment that’s been terrifying Joe Biden and his handlers for months: Lifelong Democrat-turned-Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has selected a running mate. In doing so, he’s taken yet another serious step toward a presidential run — a run that will definitely hurt Biden more than it will hurt Donald Trump.

Alea iacta est, said Caesar as he crossed the Rubicon. The die is cast.

At a campaign event in Oakland yesterday, the youngish 70-year-old Kennedy named a virtual unknown, Nicole Shanahan, as his vice-presidential pick. But as a telegenic, non-white 38-year-old female, an attorney, a major Democrat donor, and the former wife of Google cofounder Sergey Brin, Shanahan balances the Kennedy ticket while also bringing bottomless pockets to it. In addition, because of her outward idealism and her commitment to “serve peace and help those in poverty,” we expect she’ll be able to appeal to young voters in ways that the decrepit Joe Biden and the cringy Kamala Harris can only dream of.

Shanahan, like Kennedy a lifelong Democrat, announced that she too would be leaving the party. “The Democratic Party,” she said, “is supposed to be the party of compassion. It is supposed to be the party of free speech and, most importantly, the party of the middle class and the American dream. While I know many Democrats still abide by those values … I do believe they’ve lost their way in their leadership.”

We can’t argue with her. Free speech, peace, and populism used to be popular among Democrats. Not anymore. What was once the party of blue-collar America is now the party of Wall Street, Big Pharma, and corporate cronyism. The two parties have done a switcheroo. Not a fake one, like the Democrats say happened in the Civil Rights ‘60s, but a real one with real consequences. In listening to both Kennedy and Shanahan yesterday, they both seem to understand this. And it’s why Shanahan vowed yesterday “to spend the next seven months of [her] life to get [Kennedy] on each and every ballot in the country.”
Seventy percent of Americans,” said Kennedy, “say that they don’t want to have to choose between President Trump and President Biden. They don’t want to choose between the lesser of two evils again.” That’s true, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. The leakage and the dissatisfaction are an order of magnitude greater on the Biden side than on the Trump side.

“Both the Democrats and the Republicans are looking at those poll results, and they’re devising ways to keep me off the ballot. … They’re trying to keep me off the ballot and to frighten you into choosing between the two tired and unpopular heads of the uni-party.”

That “uniparty” line is clever, albeit laughably inaccurate. Anyone who can’t see the glaring difference, for example, between Democrat and Republican policies on the border, energy, regulation, or criminal justice has no business voting. Of course, Kennedy is courting the youth vote, and poll after poll indicates that young people are — how can we say this delicately? — the least informed age group among the electorate.

Joe Biden needs those same young voters, though, and his campaign team fully understands the threat posed by Kennedy in the rematch of an election that in 2020 was decided by fewer than 43,000 votes across three states: Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin. Indeed, as Axios reports, Team Brandon is so worried about RFK Jr.’s potential to siphon crucial votes from their guy in the swing states that they’ve built “an entire operation dedicated to attacking Kennedy.”

Axios continues: “So Biden’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee have dedicated a team of staffers and consultants to try to diminish Kennedy. The DNC argues that RFK Jr. is a "stalking horse” for Trump who shares a megadonor — businessman Tim Mellon — with the former president. Mellon has given $20 million to Kennedy’s super PAC and $15 million to Trump’s MAGA Inc. this election cycle.“ In presidential politics, follow the money.

In addition, reports Axios, "The DNC filed an FEC complaint against RFK Jr.’s campaign, alleging that it’s receiving an illegal contribution from his super PAC, American Values 2024, because the group is trying to get him on the ballot in several states.” Next step: charge him with insurrection.

So here we have Chicken Joe and the Democrats — the people who keep shrieking about how they’re trying to Save our Democracy™ — once again trying to keep an opponent off the ballot. We’ll say this, though: They haven’t yet tried to bankrupt Kennedy or put him in prison. Yet.

On the other hand, as Kennedy noted in a recent tweet, Biden’s Department of Homeland Security has yet to assign him Secret Service coverage, despite his family’s singularly awful history with political assassination. “I have determined that Secret Service protection for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is not warranted at this time,” said DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Kennedy, like Trump, has a populist streak. As our Thomas Gallatin noted earlier this month: “He has leaned into Americans’ disgruntlement over Washington’s elitism. As an individual cast out of the elite’s polite society, he connects with the frustration many regular Joes feel of being viewed with scorn by the cultural elites. And like Trump, RFK Jr. is unapologetically pro-America.”

Kennedy also has a libertarian streak, which is embodied in his free-speech bona fides. Indeed, he said yesterday that he “wanted a VP who shares my indignation about the participation of Big Tech as a partner in the censorship, surveillance, and information warfare that our government is currently waging against the American people.” (They’re looking at you, Sergey.)

Ultimately, though, Kennedy is a man of the Left, and he’s therefore not to be trusted with the keys to the country. Still, we’re happy to have him in the fight because we know what’s at stake and because we appreciate the fear he strikes in the Democrat Party.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are also moves to possibly have him run on the Libertarian Party ticket, the problem likely would be that most Libertarians would object to his running mate, who is a solid partisan Democrat.

Libertarian's do like SOME of RFK Jr's positions, he has some supporters in the greater libertarian community, perhaps less so in the Libertarian Party. But running on the Libertarian Party ticket, which is already established in many states, would give him a jump start and a potential dose of immunity vaccine against the Democratic operation that is working hard to keep him off the ballot. The GOP is not terribly happy with RFK Jr's candidacy but RFK Jr's efforts are being seriously opposed by the Biden Admin, the Democratic Party, and their collective legal teams.

But back to the VP choice, she has a history of donating to left/far left causes. On her list are ActBlue, a totally partisan Democratic organization. Joe Biden, clearly a far left politician. Measure J, one of the 'social justice' law organizations that supports soft on crime policies. She also donated over $100,000 to a Soros backed prosecutor who effectively let mobs and criminals rule over San Francisco.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Digging deeper into RFK Jr's positions, I hope he stays in the race.

He appears to totally support the "new green deal" which is killing our economy, and for that matter, much of the Western world.

That means he would likely pull a lot more support away from Biden than from Trump. Anything to kill off the continued liberal agenda is fine with me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Digging deeper into RFK Jr's positions, I hope he stays in the race.

He appears to totally support the "new green deal" which is killing our economy, and for that matter, much of the Western world.

That means he would likely pull a lot more support away from Biden than from Trump. Anything to kill off the continued liberal agenda is fine with me.

I agree.
RFK jr has never been a good choice. Hs only credentials are his dad and his uncle. Insufficient for the office.
IMHO, His new running mate will only attract far left votes. As you suggest, sucking votes from Biden and a few folks still not sure of Trump.

Patriot

I agree.
RFK jr has never been a good choice. Hs only credentials are his dad and his uncle. Insufficient for the office.
IMHO, His new running mate will only attract far left votes. As you suggest, sucking votes from Biden and a few folks still not sure of Trump.
RFK Jr is interesting but ultimately irrelevant. Polls show that with him in the race, Trump wins, and without him in the race, Trump still wins.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN has decided that Robert F. Kennedy Jr's running mate is a true threat to the Biden regime.

CNN also notes that his running mate is a "missile" with Biden as its target. If a Republican were to use that language, there would be howls from the lefties but as this wording comes from the flag bearer network of the left any violent imagery is forgiven.

Clearly his choice of Nicole Shanahan is a move to the political left, my guess is it also eliminates him from the Libertarian Party ticket as there would likely be fallout within that party should the LP now endorse his candidacy and have him lead the ticket.

Opinion: RFK Jr.’s VP pick is a missile aimed at Biden

CNN — none
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s independent presidential campaign can’t win, but it could swing the presidency to former President Donald Trump. Kennedy’s selection Tuesday of Nicole Shanahan, a Democratic donor from Northern California, as his running mate is the final point of proof that the RFK campaign is a heat-seeking missile aimed at Biden.
Some people, a little slow on the uptake perhaps, persist in the fantasy that Kennedy, as a vaccine critic and conspiracy promoter, would draw from Trump. In his choice of running mates, RFK Jr. has ended that debate.
Not very much is known about Shanahan, the woman Kennedy wants one heartbeat away from the presidency. She is a 38-year-old attorney and entrepreneur who grew up poor, raised by an immigrant single mom in California. She was formerly married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin and has used her wealth for a variety of philanthropic and political causes.
In the political world, she has, according to The New York Times, described herself as a “progressive through and through,” and has donated to Democrats like former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and California Rep. Ro Khanna. And Biden. So, yeah, I think we can conclude she has been on Team D....
STORY CONTINUES AT THE LINK ABOVE

Patriot

CNN has decided that Robert F. Kennedy Jr's running mate is a true threat to the Biden regime.

CNN also notes that his running mate is a "missile" with Biden as its target. If a Republican were to use that language, there would be howls from the lefties but as this wording comes from the flag bearer network of the left any violent imagery is forgiven.

Clearly his choice of Nicole Shanahan is a move to the political left, my guess is it also eliminates him from the Libertarian Party ticket as there would likely be fallout within that party should the LP now endorse his candidacy and have him lead the ticket.

Opinion: RFK Jr.’s VP pick is a missile aimed at Biden

CNN — none
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s independent presidential campaign can’t win, but it could swing the presidency to former President Donald Trump. Kennedy’s selection Tuesday of Nicole Shanahan, a Democratic donor from Northern California, as his running mate is the final point of proof that the RFK campaign is a heat-seeking missile aimed at Biden.
Some people, a little slow on the uptake perhaps, persist in the fantasy that Kennedy, as a vaccine critic and conspiracy promoter, would draw from Trump. In his choice of running mates, RFK Jr. has ended that debate.
Not very much is known about Shanahan, the woman Kennedy wants one heartbeat away from the presidency. She is a 38-year-old attorney and entrepreneur who grew up poor, raised by an immigrant single mom in California. She was formerly married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin and has used her wealth for a variety of philanthropic and political causes.
In the political world, she has, according to The New York Times, described herself as a “progressive through and through,” and has donated to Democrats like former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and California Rep. Ro Khanna. And Biden. So, yeah, I think we can conclude she has been on Team D....
STORY CONTINUES AT THE LINK ABOVE
Shanahan's clear far left leaning does hurt Biden and help Trump because with her on the ticket there will be more on the left and less on the right that will vote for Kennedy, thus pulling more from Biden's potential voters than Trump's. I would think there would be very few Establishment Right/ "Never Trumper"/Haley supporters that would consider Kennedy now.