• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Regrets

PGBC

Last night I had a some friends and employees over for dinner, and a discussion started about regrets. It was very interesting to hear from them, such a diverse range of regrets out there.

What are your regrets?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Only one. Resigning from the Bolingbrook Fire Dept as a Firefighter/Paramedic to move my family back to St Louis where our parents & siblings lived. Whilst I was able to be a volunteer on the St Peters force, it was never the same as a permanent life in the fire service.

It is a very exciting and rewarding occupation.
Whilst it was for Wife and Family I always felt regrets.

Last edited:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When hiking at Philmont our crew had a sit down every day after dinner.

It helped the Scouts (and us Scouters) release any grudges and comminate better through the whole trip.

It was called Thorns Roses and Buds

Thorns = what ticked you off today or some thing you wanted to do and couldn’t do it.

Roses = what you enjoyed today or made your day.

Buds = what you want to do / enjoy tomorrow.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have many regrets. There may be some things I would have done differently but I don't regret doing them the way that I did. Sitting here at 76-years of age, I think that things worked out pretty darned well.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Selling my 68 442 and my 1976 Mark IV.
Other than that, no regrets.
I plan on getting them back, maybe not the same ones, but clones.

I regret going to college and graduating with a business administration diploma in my 20s since I currently work as sign holder all year round along with a mascot in the summer which I always pass a background check since I don’t have crimes against kids and snow shoveler in the winter since I was 10, which don’t register a college diploma only high school diploma. I also couldn’t find a job in my field. If I had the balls I would have got my drivers license and tried Uber or Truck driving. I’m 31 stuck in these dead end jobs with no future. I’ve worked at warehouses and retail stores full time and part time in the 2010s when entry level jobs weren’t that competitive until Covid happened. I’m not picky I would do any jobs like McDonald’s which I’ve applied six times in person and online to McDonald’s but didn’t get a call back or an interview because I’m a 31 year old overqualified college graduate.

Do you have any passions or hobbies?
Honestly my hobbies are video games, walking in the woods, taking pictures of animals on my phone and watching old school cartoons and pro wrestling. Belive it or not as a teenager I wanted to enter the pro wrestling industry working any job in the pro wrestling industry but then reality hit. In my city in Ontario Canada there isn’t a school for pro wrestling and I would likely have to move three hours away. Also one of my hobbies is making videos talking about my life and posting them on YouTube.