• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PHOTOS: "You are doing it wrong" II

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Once again, a bunch of dumbbells went out on an ice floe (Port Clinton).
They're being rescued at the moment by the Coast Guard. 🙄

View attachment 173363

But why?

Actions have consequences. Let them learn the hard way.

We can only hope that they Coast Guard sends them a bill for the taxi service provided.

chowderman

there was a recent blurb about a bunch of climbers - don't recall the country/area - who went up with 'insufficient food and water' and had to be rescued - and they were being billed for their rescue cost....
so, some places still operate on common sense.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Indeed, but those are human beings with lives, families and friends 😉
Eskimos are reported to have sent the sickly elderly out on ice flows.

Then again, perhaps the best fall back is to charge all these idiots the cost of the rescue. No group discount. Send them each a bill for the helicopter time, the boat, the crews, the fuel, and an upcharge for the weather.

This is not an inland lake that freezes over and you can walk in any direction to shore. This is one of the great lakes that was not frozen solid, these idiots went out on the equivalent of an ice peninsula, which (of course) broke off. That is just foolish behavior.

I actually have rescue insurance to pay for my recovery through a private service if I ever exhibit such idiotic behavior all I have to do is trigger an SOS alert. Costs about $30/year. Covers crap like this. But my goal is never to endanger the lives of others to come help me if I choose to do stupid stuff.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
124277-1707527926549.png