• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mini split refrigeration lines sizes

vanmarco

hello, I am fixing my ac split unit. the unit had leaked refrigerant out of the flares on the indoor part. as I no longer want these flare nuts indoors that are hard to access, but i want them outside where they can be periodically inspected, i am essentially brazing the lines on the indoor split part and putting new flares and nuts on the outside. Now i'm having an issue. the refrigerant lines from the outdoors are 1/4 and 1/2". but, i'm now lacking a 70cm piece of 1/2" from the split. but the split, from the factory, from the evaporator, comes out at 3/8". I have 3/8 and 5/8" pipe available. Which one would be best, the bigger one, or the smaller one?
Unit is 18,000 btu.

thanks