• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Midwest Fencing Conference Championships - April 6 & 7 at Michigan State University

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Purdue should be fielding a full team, 6 squads of 3 fencers each, for the M.F.C. Championships tomorrow. At least that is the plan. Both Men's and Women's Saber teams have a good shot at finishing in the Top 3 at the event. Men's Foil, Women's Epee and Men's Epee have some really solid fencers. But we had some injuries in Men's Epee so that might be problematic. Women's Foil is our potential weak spot, that squad is more social than athletic and not competitive. We she see how much that could hurt the overall ranking for Purdue.

Overall, I am hoping for the team to finish in TOP 3 for Saber Teams, hopefully Top 3 for Epee, and maybe top 3 for clubs overall???

We have that potential for teams.

Sunday is the individual event.

Last year our Saber female captain and our Saber male captains both grabbed trophies. I also had a former student from U of Michigan win a trophy. I now have a Michigan State fencers who can likely win a trophy. All are kids who are alumni form my fancing club.

We had a special practice with some of the college kids, as far away as Taipei, HongKong, and Canada attended to get ready for the MFC event. Hopefully the special practice did some good. I'd love to do this type of practice 3 or 4 times a year. It was hosted by my fencing club, with the Purdue fencers traveling up to my club for the event. All their feedback was positive.

IMG_1246.jpeg
IMG_1239.jpeg
IMG_1229.jpeg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Women's Saber Team won SILVER
Women's Epee Team won GOLD
Men's Foil Team won BRONZE
So 3 of the 6 squads finished in the medals.

Today was the TEAM event. Tomorrow is individual competition.

I will be home on Sunday, with Kobe on the weekends, I only go to fencing 1 of the 2 days, so tomorrow is a 'stay home' day for me.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Individual competition today at the Midwest Fencing Club Championships

Men's Saber - GOLD MEDAL for Purdue
Men's Foil - 5th Place Medal for Purdue
Women's Saber - BRONZE MEDAL for Purdue
Women's Saber - 5th Place Medal for Purdue
Women's Epee - GOLD MEDAL for Purdue
Women's Epee - SILVER MEDAL for Purdue

In other news, one of my former high school fencers also took the TIE for the BRONZE Medal in Women's Saber although she fences for the University of Minnesota.
31BF649E-4A56-4E6F-9691-A1A5C9526E8F.jpeg
D2DE2A80-8011-40EB-9795-61F7B40D78DE.jpeg
6B4F5FAB-1466-4DE4-8ABC-1C612DC83ED2.jpeg