• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Israel went all in

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, just saw a report. Seems to indicate they clearly targeted military installations. I think that was a huge mistake.

• First, Biden didn't want them to retaliate and Biden been totally undercutting support for the Jewish state very publicly.
  • Second, Iran is making $2-BILLIONS PER DAY in oil profits now that the US lifted sanctions on Iranian oil.
So to my feeble old mind, the way to piss off Biden and to hurt Iran in 1 simple action would have been for Israel to target Iran's oil refineries and oil shipping terminals. Take out the oil shipping and transport terminals and they can't make a single penny on exports. Take out the refineries and they have no product to sell that can be shipped out by truck.

But WTF do I know?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, just saw a report. Seems to indicate they clearly targeted military installations. I think that was a huge mistake.

• First, Biden didn't want them to retaliate and Biden been totally undercutting support for the Jewish state very publicly.
  • Second, Iran is making $2-BILLIONS PER DAY in oil profits now that the US lifted sanctions on Iranian oil.
So to my feeble old mind, the way to piss off Biden and to hurt Iran in 1 simple action would have been for Israel to target Iran's oil refineries and oil shipping terminals. Take out the oil shipping and transport terminals and they can't make a single penny on exports. Take out the refineries and they have no product to sell that can be shipped out by truck.

But WTF do I know?
I would presume the tactic is to defang the enemy before you deplete their resources.

There is a presumption that Iran has nuclear capability. Taking out that threat is paramount.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would presume the tactic is to defang the enemy before you deplete their resources.

There is a presumption that Iran has nuclear capability. Taking out that threat is paramount.
Near as I can tell from the reports, none of the Nuclear sites were targets. They hit military missile launch sites. At least that is what is seems they have targeted. I don't really blame them. Stop the onslaught. But if they want real damage, they need to cut of the $$$ that is paying for everything.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Both sides are being coy about what has been done by and to the other. Truth is, we don't know.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Both sides are being coy about what has been done by and to the other. Truth is, we don't know.
Oh we already know that Biden got Iran/Hezbolla/etc to delay their coordinated missile, drone, cruise missile attack.

And we already know that Biden got the UK and Jordan to coordinate their defenses with Israel to shoot down the coordinated attack to achieve a 99% success rate.

So we know much of what happened was as good as the best Broadway theatre. We know that Iran broadcast on their State run news video of fires from Chile and claimed they were effective missile strikes. We know that Israel claimed a 99% success rate, but we strongly suspect that at least 2 air bases were hit and damages were inflicted. We know that Israel never hit an Iranian Embassy or Consulate building, despite the media claims they did. We know that the site hit by Israel was an office building next door to an Embassy/Consulate. But that site was owned by a 3rd party. We know that all for fact.

I still say, cut off their money and they are in deep shit. Israel should logically cut off the oil exports.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And ZeroHedge offers up this summary.

FWIW, I'm guessing that both OIL and PRECIOUS MEDALS will be up in trading on Friday. . .

Markets Dump Then Rebound As Israel Retaliates To Iran In Oddly Toothless, Performative Response

SUMMARY:
  • Iran says its nuclear facilities remain unharmed: Reuters
  • Situation in Iran's Isfahan is normal, no explosion taken place on ground: PressTV
  • CNN: Two US oficials say Israel indicated they would not attack nuclear targets. US didn't "green light" this attack.
  • Unconfirmed: IRGC states that Iran will target Israeli nuclear sites with counterattack.
  • Iran Space Agency: "all that happened is a failed and humiliating attempt by Israel aviation" - via Sky News
  • Iranian officials and outlets are claiming that all explosions heard tonight are due to interceptions and that no explosions have occurred "on the ground"
  • Bloomberg: Israeli officials notified the US earlier today they planned to retaliate in the next 24-48 hours.
  • Tehran's Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA) tells passengers that all flights have been canceled and they should exit the airport.
  • Fox News: Israeli strikes in Iran came from unmanned aircraft
  • US claims IDF attacks in Iran were limited.
  • Three large explosions heard in Isfahan south of Tehran, US officials confirm.
  • The Natanz nuclear facility is located in Isfahan.
  • Unconfirmed simultaneous explosions have also been reported in Syria and Iraq (Baghdad and Babil/Babylon province).
  • Iran has established a no-fly-zone over its western region.
  • Market reaction: initial panic selling, but gradually as it becomes clear that this is just a token "scripted" response to the token "scripted" initial attack by Iran - which achieved absolutely nothing - markets are rebounding.
Israel - having once again ignored Biden's pleadings not to escalate the already tense situation - is retaliating against Iran's weekend strike, which was itself a retaliation against Israel bombing Iran's embassy in Syria on April 1.

Story continues and provides many links to Major Media Websites that are (rarely trustworthy) but you can follow the link about to the full story to see if the mainstream media is spinning this as total BS, ignoring it so you won't know it happened, or some other story takes precedence over this one (like the Kate Middleton cancer story) . . .

Honestly, why they didn't take out the Oil Refining and Oil Shipping Terminals is beyond me. Doing so would raise gasoline prices (which pisses off Biden) and simultaneously cuts off the income source for Iran.