• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If your body didn't self-heal over the years, would you still be alive?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure not me.
I didn't break a bone or didn't have any major bodily harm until I was at least 18.
After that... oh shit. Not counting fingers or toes, I've probably broken 30-40 bones and have had other things due to trauma.

J5 Bombardier

Myself a fractured L1 in my back , it definitely improved in 10 yrs, but never really goes away . On the plus side you can predict the weather.
Had a ruptured appendix out on the 12th of april . They pumped enough bags of drugs through me in 3 days ,Pablo Escbar would have been proud. It's amazing how fast you start to rebound , just can't pick up any grand pianos for a while.
J5 Bombardier

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
After all the crazy shit Ive done, never broke a thing. Chasing toilet paper thrown out the door of a 172 over Lake Michigan. Multiple times. Racing enduros and hare scrambles, asphalt stock car racing, drag racing cars and boats, climbing the radio tower in college to replace the beacon ( and crazy scared of heights), prop starting old aircraft, taking off an old Bell 47 in college, (man was I scolded in the deans office), and who knows what else.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Supposedly, we replace virtually every cell in our bodies every 7 years.

I am on the eleventh model. Each is a copy of the former including defects, scars, and repairs. Each copy of a copy shows some loss of definition. Sadly, the replacements are therefore not as good as the previous model so some degradation is apparent.

This is not a theory. I have pictures to prove it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No, I wouldn't.

I had septic osteomyelitis when I was 11 years old.
Was in a horrible car crash in my 30s.
Lastly, I was very ill with pancreatitis before having my gall bladder removed (as some of you remember).

I guess HE wanted me around for a reason 😉

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My body doesn't self-heal itself. I'm going in for my 11th surgery on Friday to get a bicep re-attached. My body usually needs a little help from a surgeon. Otherwise, I would have been a useless lump afer about the age of 40.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh boy....I'd be in a full body cast just with broken bones. 😆

Starting at the feet...
-broken toe
-hairline fracture in ankle
-broken femur age 5
-broken rib
-6 broken vertebrae
-hairline fracture in wrist
-dislocated shoulder
-severly lacerated liver

Yah, I'd be dead. 😆

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh boy....I'd be in a full body cast just with broken bones. 😆

Starting at the feet...
-broken toe
-hairline fracture in ankle
-broken femur age 5
-broken rib
-6 broken vertebrae
-hairline fracture in wrist
-dislocated shoulder
-severly lacerated liver

Yah, I'd be dead. 😆
I sure remember that Brian 🙁😭
When you were involved in the bad accident.