• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home Generator for upcoming power shortage season?

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Those are good points. Some people want to limit how many power units they take care of. For me the log splitter is the example. Why have a single purpose engine that sits unused 360 days a year. I do prefer the genset, though the same argument could be made. I would just have to choose which tractor would be the power.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Those are good points. Some people want to limit how many power units they take care of. For me the log splitter is the example. Why have a single purpose engine that sits unused 360 days a year. I do prefer the genset, though the same argument could be made. I would just have to choose which tractor would be the power.
Agreed. It is easier to pick up the genset and take it into the woods than the tractor/PTO
So, my log splitter, even chain saws, are electric.