• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

getting the horses started again

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome 👌 My daughter is learning that horses are a lot of work but she is like a horse whisperer with them. The ranch has a couple of skiddish ponies that rarely let anyone near them willingly but she can approach them and halter them so she has been working one on one with them in their enclosed arena. My daughter is a little behind her peers socially but fits in great with horses.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome 👌 My daughter is learning that horses are a lot of work but she is like a horse whisperer with them. The ranch has a couple of skiddish ponies that rarely let anyone near them willingly but she can approach them and halter them so she has been working one on one with them in their enclosed arena. My daughter is a little behind her peers socially but fits in great with horses.
Horses are a good judge of character, they can hear you breathing and your heartbeat. They know what you are thinking and you cannot hide it from them. They know if your scared, irritated etc. and will behave accordingly.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter's last day of placement for school at the horse ranch yesterday. She will continue to volunteer on the weekends until summer when they have offered to hire her. This is a perfect opportunity for her as she is very vulnerable and taken advantage of in the real world but is in her element with horses.

20240119_160005.jpg
20240119_160105.jpg
20240119_160015.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter's last day of placement for school at the horse ranch yesterday. She will continue to volunteer on the weekends until summer when they have offered to hire her. This is a perfect opportunity for her as she is very vulnerable and taken advantage of in the real world but is in her element with horses.

View attachment 173219View attachment 173220View attachment 173221
Thats a very good thing, my trainer moved to another state, but we are far enough along that we have been doing the riding lessons for my Granddaughter ourselves. been going well. My horse is about ready also. I could ride him in the arena but would like to find someone to trail ride him before I do.