• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do I look obese? I’m 5 ft 8 175 lbs

IMG_3431.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4320.jpeg
    IMG_4320.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3612.jpeg
    IMG_3612.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
No.

Here is a BMI link.
Thank you good sir? I’m a bit insecure of my appearance and constantly measure my arms. I used to be way bigger than that at 230 lbs at 5 ft 8 which is obese. Obesity runs in my family. I have two cousins who are morbidly obese one is 5 ft 10 300 lbs at 47 and the other is 5 ft 9 250 lbs. I also have two obese uncles one is 5 ft 10 270 lbs and the other is 5 ft 8 250 lbs. My dad used to drink lot of beer back in the day when he moved to America and Canada and started becoming obese at 5 ft 7 190 lbs but dropped down to 170 lbs.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The BMI index will tell you a truth. You are not overweight. Y0u are under tall.

I was for several years but my last I was 6'.2" at 184 lbs. Whew! Just under the wire of the BMI scores.

From your pictures you aren't obese. But you aren't lean muscle either. Get an exercise routine going. You won't lose much weight, but you will tone up.

They say women prefer men who make them laugh. Humor them with your wit, not your weight.

Reactions: Doc
The BMI index will tell you a truth. You are not overweight. Y0u are under tall.

I was for several years but my last I was 6'.2" at 184 lbs. Whew! Just under the wire of the BMI scores.

From your pictures you aren't obese. But you aren't lean muscle either. Get an exercise routine going. You won't lose much weight, but you will tone up.

They say women prefer men who make them laugh. Humor them with your wit, not your weight.
I been lifting weights since I was 18 and my arm increased from 11 inches to 16 inches. And I been walking in the woods. I don’t have any steroids or protein powder. I have a 6 inch wrist. I do 30lbs dumbell bicep curls 33 reps 80lbs seated row 70 to 100 reps, 80 lbs chest press 100 reps and 100 lbs lat pull down 50 reps. I also don’t have good genetics. Obesity runs in my family. I used to be 230 lbs highest. I have two obese cousins and two obese uncles.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I been lifting weights since I was 18 and my arm increased from 11 inches to 16 inches. And I been walking in the woods. I don’t have any steroids or protein powder. I have a 6 inch wrist. I do 30lbs dumbell bicep curls 33 reps 80lbs seated row 70 to 100 reps, 80 lbs chest press 100 reps and 100 lbs lat pull down 50 reps. I also don’t have good genetics. Obesity runs in my family. I used to be 230 lbs highest. I have two obese cousins and two obese uncles.
Sounds like you are fit. You don't appear fat or flabby, so I believe you.

My 77 year old arms are 14" with 5" wrists. But then I could never wear a watch. There is just no meat on me.
Just a bit of a tummy pouch putting my waist a 34"
I am hardly muscular but fit. Not from lifting weights but just hard physical labour I enjoy doing. A bale of architectural shingles weighs in at 120 Lbs. It was difficult at first but, I put 72 of them, up a ladder and on the roof. Sometimes I split them but they all got there.

The problem with weight-lifting regimens is you must continue to do them, or the muscle mass will degrade. So keep up the good work.

And learn how to make a girl smile and laugh. It will do more for your love life than muscles.

You're not bad looking so, it has to be something else.

Eye contact helps because they know you aren't gawking at their breasts. Talk less and listen more. They want to know less about you and give you more about them.

It worked for me and I, a 125 lb skinny weakling, caught, and married, the prettiest woman at the prom. Still together. Trust me, I ain't pretty. It has to be something else.

Sounds like you are fit. You don't appear fat or flabby, so I believe you.

My 77 year old arms are 14" with 5" wrists. But then I could never wear a watch. There is just no meat on me.
Just a bit of a tummy pouch putting my waist a 34"
I am hardly muscular but fit. Not from lifting weights but just hard physical labour I enjoy doing. A bale of architectural shingles weighs in at 120 Lbs. It was difficult at first but, I put 72 of them, up a ladder and on the roof. Sometimes I split them but they all got there.

The problem with weight-lifting regimens is you must continue to do them, or the muscle mass will degrade. So keep up the good work.

And learn how to make a girl smile and laugh. It will do more for your love life than muscles.

You're not bad looking so, it has to be something else.

Eye contact helps because they know you aren't gawking at their breasts. Talk less and listen more. They want to know less about you and give you more about them.

It worked for me and I, a 125 lb skinny weakling, caught, and married, the prettiest woman at the prom. Still together. Trust me, I ain't pretty. It has to be something else.
Nice you were born in 1947. Lot of people in your generation were bodybuilders like Arnold Schwartzeneggar, Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundrgren who were born in the 40s and 50s. Bodybuilding became popular in the 50s, 60s , 70s, and 80s along with the 90s which became mainstream. Bodybuilding is still popular in the 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're not obese.
You need to work on your self confidence and get out there and meet girls/women your own age.
Stop thinking about getting laid.
Focus on building a relationship slowly.
Women like men who are like minded, have a sense of humour and will make them feel valued, you'll get the same in return.
I'm the Mom of two sons in their 40s, I've helped and advised them both through several marriages and relationships.
I was right.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You're not obese.
You need to work on your self confidence and get out there and meet girls/women your own age.
Women like men who are like minded, have a sense of humour and will make them feel valued, you'll get the same in return.
I like that! (y)

You're not obese.
I'm the Mom of two sons in their 40s, I've helped and advised them both through several marriages and relationships.
I was right.
Thanks I appreciate it. I’m stuck in dead end unstable part time jobs though like sign holder those folks you see all over America holding and waving square advertisement sign, mascot in the summers which requires a background check because it involves children and I always pass it since I don’t have crimes against kids and vulunerable people and off course snow shoveling jobs in the winters which I been doing since I was 10. I was able to get full time jobs at warehouses and part time jobs at stores in my 20s in 2010s until Covid happened and I got job gaps due to personal issues but I’m applying for better jobs online and handed my resume in person to different companies like McDonald’s jobs and gas station jobs. But I don’t get a call back. I’m almost 31. Yet illegals with no job history easily get hired in America and Canada. My resume is good since I took classes for job preparation and resume along with cover letter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks I appreciate it. I’m stuck in dead end unstable part time jobs though like sign holder those folks you see all over America holding and waving square advertisement sign, mascot in the summers which requires a background check because it involves children and I always pass it since I don’t have crimes against kids and vulunerable people and off course snow shoveling jobs in the winters which I been doing since I was 10. I was able to get full time jobs at warehouses and part time jobs at stores in my 20s in 2010s until Covid happened and I got job gaps due to personal issues but I’m applying for better jobs online and handed my resume in person to different companies like McDonald’s jobs and gas station jobs. But I don’t get a call back. I’m almost 31. Yet illegals with no job history easily get hired in America and Canada. My resume is good since I took classes for job preparation and resume along with cover letter.
The biggest problem with people in your age group, (I think) is that after covid all the sudden jobs were neither here nor there because a lot of people here in the states (and possibly Canada) were suddenly relaxed and living off the governments with the stream of stimulus checks.
Then all the sudden $$$ an hour wasn't enough.
Unless you have a degree, $19.00 an hour isn't going to cut it anymore.
I wish you all the luck in the world.

The biggest problem with people in your age group, (I think) is that after covid all the sudden jobs were neither here nor there because a lot of people here in the states (and possibly Canada) were suddenly relaxed and living off the governments with the stream of stimulus checks.
Then all the sudden $$$ an hour wasn't enough.
Unless you have a degree, $19.00 an hour isn't going to cut it anymore.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I went to a two year college and graduated with a business finance associates degree in my 20s. Yes the minimum wage in my province is $16.55 an hour going up to $17.20 an hour. But I get paid $19 an hour on my sign holder job since I been with the company for three years now. Originally they wanted to pay me $14 an hour but I told them I worked for two other companies as a sign holder at 26 and showed them pictures of me as a sign holder so I got paid $16 an hour three years ago and gotten a raise every year. As for mascot I make $20 an hour. In snow shoveling I make $1000 per season for two houses in my neighborhood shovelling snow manually with a shovel and I got hired once to shovel condo building which I got paid $25 an hour since I applied for that job and showed them pictures of me shoveling snow in my neighborhood. I’m not picky I would do any jobs. I would wipe people’s butt and work at Burger King.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I appreciate it. I went to a two year college and graduated with a business finance associates degree in my 20s. Yes the minimum wage in my province is $16.55 an hour going up to $17.20 an hour. But I get paid $19 an hour on my sign holder job since I been with the company for three years now. Originally they wanted to pay me $14 an hour but I told them I worked for two other companies as a sign holder at 26 and showed them pictures of me as a sign holder so I got paid $16 an hour three years ago and gotten a raise every year. As for mascot I make $20 an hour. In snow shoveling I make $1000 per season for two houses in my neighborhood shovelling snow manually with a shovel and I got hired once to shovel condo building which I got paid $25 an hour since I applied for that job and showed them pictures of me shoveling snow in my neighborhood. I’m not picky I would do any jobs. I would wipe people’s butt and work at Burger King.
You missed your calling.
You should be a data entry clerk, because you type fast.
😳😅