• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chinese EV industry leaders predicts a "knock out blow" to the US EV manufacturers

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is an automotive post, but given the recent "bloodbath" media reports and controversy, it is hard for it to not be considered by some as a political post. I'm looking at this from the automotive manufacturing perspective, and taking the Chinese at their word, assuming they will bring in low priced products with pretty good designs and (possibly dubious) engineering and realizability.

If you are not familiar with the Bloodbath controversy you may want to take a quick glance at the links below.

For those who did not hear the bloodbath stories here are two links.
Media Hypes 'Bloodbath'

BIDEN Campaign 'Bloodbath'

FULL STORY covering the Chinese EV predictions at the link below:

Chinese Auto Executive: ‘Bloodbath’ Coming for American Auto Industry

John Binder18 Mar 2024
He Xiaopeng, co-founder and chief executive officer of Xpeng Inc., in Guangzhou, China, on
Qilai Shen/Bloombergnone
2:42

He Xiaopeng, the CEO of XPeng Motors, predicts a “bloodbath” against America’s auto industry with the help of cheap China-made electric vehicles (EVs).

Over the weekend, former President Donald Trump was campaigning in Andalia, Ohio, when he warned that without fierce new United States tariffs on China-made EVs, the American auto industry will face “a bloodbath for the country” with jobs lost and industry offshored.

“We’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said. “Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole, that’s going to be the least of it, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the country, that’s going to be the least of it.”

Watch video:

Trump’s remark mimicked comments made by Xiaopeng in a letter to XPeng employees obtained by CNBC last month. Xiaopeng suggested that “a bloodbath” is coming for the American auto industry this year.

China seeks to deliver a “brutal knockout round” against its Western competitors, including the U.S., in the global EV market, Xiaopeng said.

CNBC reported:

“This year also marks the beginning of a fierce competition that may end in a ‘bloodbath’ (or as I prefer to call it, the brutal ‘knockout round’) among Chinese auto makers,” Xiaopeng wrote in the employee memo. “XPeng has engaged in this cutthroat competition right from the outset, thus accumulating considerable experience. Our guts, grit and perseverance, I firmly believe, will lead us to victory.”

Last edited: