• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2024

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
ALPINE CAT JAMBOREE 2024
ACJLogoDates.jpg

We are excited to announce that our 5th annual Alpine Cat Jamboree will take place January 26th, 27th, and 28th 2024 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Most of us will be coming in Thursday the 25th and departing Monday morning the 29th. We have teamed up again with Wallowa Lake Lodge where it has worked out so well for us in years past. Last year was a great turnout and we believe everyone really enjoyed their time. I know many people especially love the fact that this is turning into more of a family event with the catters bringing their spouses and kids. It’s a great time for all! With a few minor updates to some things we think it will be even better!

Each morning we will gather for breakfast in the lodge and discuss that day’s plans where we will then head out on our adventure (sack lunches included in meal plan) and then we will end the night with dinner in the lodge. Like years past, the Alpine Cat Jamboree will be sponsored by us, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, Tucker Sno-Cat Corp., and the US Forest Service. A huge shout out to Wallowa Lake Lodge for accommodating our needs and making it an awesome as well as convenient place to host this event.

With that, we want to give you a heads up. Last year the event was sold out. From what we have heard, it sounds like it will be another sold out event. If you are wanting to secure your stay at the lodge, it is highly recommended you call and book your reservation asap (details below). We are working on an option for overflow stays at a nearby location and as we get more information and if we see the lodge nearing booking out, we will announce the overflow option.

More details to come but here is what we have so far:

DETAILS:

· Sno Cat Jamboree begins the evening of Thursday Jan. 25th and will continue Friday the 26th, Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th and our activities ending Mid day. For those who want to get a head start on travels, they can leave right after the activity on Sunday right after lunch about mid day. For those who want to get back to the lodge and just start their travels on Monday morning, they have the option of staying at the lodge an additional night Sunday night (the 28th) and leaving Monday morning (the 29th). There will be an additional charge of $30 for dinner Sunday night for adults ($20 for kids) and then $20 for breakfast Monday morning for adults ($15 for kids).
· Accommodation cost will be $125 per night for one queen bedroom, $175 per night for double rooms that sleeps 4.
o Rooms include toiletries, all linens, and WIFI, but do not have phones, TVs, microwaves or refrigerators
o PLEASE NOTE: Wallowa Lake Lodge is a completely smoke and pet free facility. They are not ADA accessible.
· You can call the Lodge at 541.432.9821 or email Madeline at Madeline@wallowalakelodge.com to reserve your room and pre-pay meals
o Please note, the Lodge office is not continually staffed but leave a message and June or Madeline will return the call ASAP
· Meals will be provided by the lodge at the cost of $220 per person for the entire weekend (includes gratuity). Kids 12 and under are $200 for the entire weekend.

MEALS:

The $220 weekend meal package includes the following (will update with menu as it becomes available).

o Dinner Thursday night the 25th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, dinner Friday the 26th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, dinner Saturday the 27th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch Sunday the 28th.
PLEASE let them know if anyone has dietary restrictions or allergies, they are not a gluten free facility

* For those who choose to stay an extra night on Sunday night, dinner will be an additional $30 per adult ($25 per child) and then breakfast Monday morning will be an additional $20 per adult ($15 per child).

Please make your reservations asap. There will be a cut off date for registration. I will post that date as soon as I confirm.

NOTE: If and when you guys reach out and make your reservations please email me at jesse@alpinecattours.com and let me know so I can keep a head count for number of cats and number of people in your party. Please also include your contact information so I can include you in the group text messages that we send out for various reasons. Each registered cat gets an event poster so please let me know once you've registered so I can put you down for a poster.

ACTIVITY DAYS DETAILS:
To be announced soon as we are still gathering more information.

Swag:
As usual, we will be giving away some swag from our sponsors, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, and Tucker Corp.

More info coming soon.

Thanks and feel free to email us at jesse@alpinecattours.com if you have any questions. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great event, must attend event, must go at least once event....extremely well planned, lots of chances to work on machines, pretty sure, gmoose will offer you the opportunity to drive the Frandee, fyi, do not turn him down, the fantastic frandee is a fun snow cat to run, unbelievable amount of swag, amazing food and good snow cat friends,

Jesse, "Tucker" is a great host and always makes the event memorable for everyone,

easy to get to, no matter where you are coming from, always new something new to see, never boring for sure,
best snow cat jamboree of all of them...none better

Last edited:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Jumping on a room early this time! The clock is now officially ticking on getting my Tucker spruced up in time.

Can't wait!
Awesome! Glad to hear you are coming again! Did you call and book yet or are just planning to? What's the status of your cat? How close is it?

Bennyboy1337

Awesome! Glad to hear you are coming again! Did you call and book yet or are just planning to? What's the status of your cat? How close is it?
I emailed Madeline a few days ago and didn't get a response, guess I'll just call. Getting ready for a 1 month trip to Europe with the wife so it's been busy lately :D Tucker is on wheels currently waiting for pontoons and tracks to be serviced. I need to put an order in with you for rollers, I still need to get an exact count on how many I need, but upon brief inspection the vast majority are in much better shape than I had originally though. Most just need to be cleaned and re-greased, I think I have only a dozen or so that seals have exploded and are shot.

I got the motor to unseize, haven't tried starting it yet, so I just need to patch up the pontoons, fix up the roller guides, TLC rollers, get engine started, and in theory she will be good to go. She will be in rough looking shape but I think the V8 will be purring like a big kitten in time for the Jam. Rear bench seats and a cargo/ski rack are probably the only other things I will get done on her this winter.

Perski

GOLD Site Supporter
This is a great event and this will be my family's third time visit. Looks like the Lodge rooms and cabins are close to booked up already. I had to get an Air BNB close by. See you there!

Thefatsquatch

I believe we are going to be participating this year. I have the Thiokol and the Cushman ready to roll. Currently building a sled deck for the back of the Thiokol, because... Well it's an old snowcat.

Mctucker

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife, Dad and I will be there! No more rubber tracks for me this year, though! I've "Updated" to all steel. Looking forward to seeing everybody again and hopefully meeting some new faces!

The Tucker's are waiting for snow, now to decide which one to bring, might just have to bring both.
Tuckers.jpg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy New Year everyone!

The Alpine Cat Jamboree is just around the corner.

Who's all booked???

LODGING UPDATE:
We are nearly booked out at Wallowa Lake Lodge but are happy to announce we have also partnered with Eagle Cap Chalets (only 1/4 mile away from Wallowa Lake Lodge) to accommodate our overflow lodging if needed. While they do have great places to stay to fit each person's needs they will not be offering meals. If you want to be eating with the rest of the Jamboree group at Wallowa Lake Lodge for breakfast, sack lunches, and dinner, you will need to call Wallowa Lake Lodge first and book your meals. Their phone number is 541-432-9821. Check with them regarding lodging availability and if they are full they will direct you to Eagle Cap Chalets.

IMPORTANT:
If you have booked with the lodge but haven't emailed me, please do email me. It's helpful for me to keep track of those who have booked, how many are in your party, and if you are bringing a cat. Each registered cat owner gets an event poster. Additional posters will be available for sale at the lodge during the event.

We are getting quite a few people who are coming this year who are not bringing a cat and while we do appreciate the enthusiasm toward this event and the machines and gathering, we do want to make sure we will have enough room in the machines for everyone. Keeping me posted on your group and machine(s) is very helpful.

WEATHER UPDATE:
Obviously, like most everyone, we have struggled to get a good snow base started this season so far. However, it looks like we are going to have a big shift in weather patterns and looks like the mountains are in a for a huge dump over the next couple of weeks. With the pattern change, it will bring snow to the Joseph valley floor which is roughly 4,000 ft in elevation. Wallow Lake Lodge sits at about 4,400 ft in elevation. Our Mt. Howard staging point/base area is 5,200 ft and climbs up to around 8,300 ft. Salt Creek Summit is at 6,100 ft. Based on these elevations, things look promising. We will keep an eye on weather and snow depths and keep you posted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got the Frandee new idler axles fabricated and installed last week after 2 months of work and a couple test run outings done successfully. So, the Frandee, Kitten, and new power tilt deckover trailer are all ready to go. Getting very excited to see everyone again and all the new folks and cats. Very excited, just 3 weeks to go until travel time. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, but keep the roads dry!
IMG_20231123_090141538.jpg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is our official 2024 Alpine Cat Jamboree event poster. As always, each registered cat owner gets a free event poster for attending. Additional posters will be available for sale at the event.

(This particular image is watermarked and low resolution for social media purposes.)

1000016206.jpg

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe next year. It would more practical for me trailer down there with my camper unit. Is there RV parking somewhere at the event?
IMG_6313.jpeg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
We recently got a rough outline for the menu that will be provided by Wallowa Lake Lodge if you book the meal plan with them. You can book the full meal package or you can purchase individual meals if you’d like. But you will need contact the lodge to let them know which meals. Some things are subject to change or may be added.

Like years past, the bar will be open in the evenings. Please no outside alcoholic beverages inside the lodge. In addition to the meals below there will be yummy treats waiting for us when we arrive back from our day’s adventure as well as coffee and hot cocoa.

Please Note: Starting with dinner Thursday night and meals going through Sunday’s lunch is all part of the $220 meal package (kids are $200). Sunday night dinners are an additional $30 for adults and $20 for kids. Breakfast Monday morning will be an additional $20 for adults and $15 for kids.

 Menu

Breakfast:

Likely pancakes/French toast, meat (sausage or bacon), eggs, sides. Variety of beverages. Final breakfast items/sides still being determined.

Sack Lunch:

Keeping it simple for when we are out and about. Most likely wraps or sandwiches with turkey/ham, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Apple/Orange. Trailmix/bag of chips. Your choice of soda, juice, or bottled water.
Vegetarian option: Hummus Wrap

Dinners:

Thursday, January 25th
Chicken Alfredo with Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread
Vegetarian Option: Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo
Dessert: Chocolate Mousse
Variety of Beverages

Friday, January 26th
Smash Burgers with fixings. Fries and Garden Salad.
Vegetarian Option: Beyond Burger
Gluten Free Buns Available
Dessert: Ice Cream Sundaes
Variety of Beverages

Saturday, January 27th
Baked Beef Crunchy Tacos
Beyond Burger Meat Option
Corn Tortillas for Gluten Free
Taco Salad Station
Dessert: To Be Determined
Variety of Beverages

Sunday, January 28th
Baked Ziti
Veggies/side salad
French bread/garlic bread
Dessert: Dump Cake
Variety of Beverages

Mctucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Took the 443 for a quick lil walk around the block. A few more lil things to iron out, otherwise ready for jamboree!
Who else is going? What are ya all bringing!?

Attachments

• IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Us at Alpine Cats have been working on this 1956 Tucker model 443 for some time and we might try to bring it to the Jamboree. My Uncle Daniel will be the driver.
1000004510.jpg

We also will be bringing our 1966 Tucker model 543. Driven by me, Jesse.
1000000617.jpg

And we will be bringing back the 1950 Model 443 (Taperback) driven by my brother, Shane.
1000004512.jpg

Let's see who else is coming and what they are bringing!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
The 1953 Frandee Model D is coming.

Frandee for Poster.jpg

As well as the Kitten being driven by my son Ian, the professional kitten driver. He is also bringing his skis so he can ski off of Mt. Howard. So he will need to recruit someone to drive the kitten back down the mountain.

FB_IMG_1675188617094.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
can't help to think, got to be more than a couple of machines are coming, great to see what is headed to Joesph, with every make represented, very cool vintage lodge, lots of great food, the best swag/poster and on a clear day, the views are amazing

Last edited:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Updates:

Weather:
They have gotten lots of snow over in the Wallowa Mountains and the Joseph, Oregon area over the past week or so. So snow depths we should be in good shape. There are hints that there may be a little warming that is going to happen so down in the lowest elevations of town could get a little mushy during the day and freeze up at night. So as of right now, we will be doing the higher elevation events like we did last year. Salt Creek Summit and Mount Howard. To keep us in the freezing zone.

Event Days Details:

One day we will be doing Salt Creek Summit loop which is a several mile adventure. Roughly 10 miles of fairly easy terrain that normally provides a scenic (if clear) views of Hells Canyon, The Seven Devil Range in Idaho, the Wallowa Mountains and valleys below. Also have several different meadows and play areas along the way. This seems to be a group favorite.

Another day we will be unloading our cats near the Ferguson Ridge Ski area at an elevation of about 4,500 ft to make the climb to the summit of Mt. Howard of about 8,500 ft. If weather cooperates this will provide stunning views of the Wallowa Mountain Range and Wallowa Lake below. This trip is a little more challenging, steeper, and a fairly narrow road in spots.

The order the events we try to plan around weather.

The third day we like to leave open as far as what we will be doing for our adventure/location. Just in case we have a breakdown from previous days and have to use that time for recovery (has happened before). If recovery is not needed, third day adventure will be determined at the event.

For pictures and videos of last year's event which includes Salt Creek Summit and Mt. Howard check out this forum thread. Will give you a pretty good idea of what we do. Many people shared pictures etc.
https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/alpine-cat-jamboree-2023.93891/

Reminder!
Get the Oregon Snow Park permits for parking! If you live in Oregon, grab one now. If you are traveling to Oregon, and happen to stop somewhere that sells them, grab one. If for some reason you cannot find one on your way in, there is a store in Joseph called The Sports Corral that usually sells them but they only carry so many. One year, they ran out. Just a heads up.

Feel free to reach out with any questions!

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
can't help to think, got to be more than a couple of machines are coming, great to see what is headed to Joesph, with every make represented, very cool vintage lodge, lots of great food, and on a clear day, the views are amazing
Yeah it should be a pretty big turnout. Lots of Tuckers for sure. Lodge is pretty much booked but we do have lodging options for people. Details about that listed above in a previous post with "Lodging Update" info.