• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

401C loader John Deere no forward gear

Tony1224

my loader will go in reverse with and run no problem also all the hydraulic are working , check the forward and reverse linkage and is working properly check the fluid hydraulic pressure ad the reverser valve and normal ad 130 lbs.
I'm working on this loader for a few weeks and I can tell what is wrong. I split the tractor to check on the oil lines inside the transmission , all the lines were in the right place. I also check on the reverser brake ,no burning clutch there, then I pull out the reverser forward clutch assembly and change the separator plate and clutch disk just to be sure. the separator plates have a slight "wavy" configuration ,when I put then back I didn't remember witch way the were facing so I install then looking forward. Don't know if that will make a differences .I put everything back and still no luck. It does the same all hydraulic and reverse working but no forward gear. Can someone help. Thank you