• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 exercises to lose weight

letty

What types of exercises should I focus on to achieve weight loss goals? Can you outline 10 exercises that would be beneficial?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dropped 30 pounds, kept 25# off.

Diet + exercise.

First, I restricted my calorie intake and I didn't care if my calories were protein, fat or carbs. Although I did try to have a daily balance, and tried to use healthy fats (Olive or Avocado oil instead of bacon fat).
Second, did major types of exercise.
  • Treadmill walking/outdoor walking.
  • Rowing machine
  • Bicycle
  • Weights (typically resistance bands)
I have an AppleWatch, which I don't wear religious anymore. But when I was trying to lose weight, I used the watch as motivation. Built into the watch are "rings" for activity. 1 ring is 'closed' when you stand up for 2 minutes every hour for 14 hours. Another ring is 'closed' when the watch recognizes "exercise time" and the 3rd ring is closes when you burn calories through movement, that is not active enough for exercise but you are at least moving around.

My goal every day was to "close" all my rings. You can change the settings to increase or decrease your goals. I started with the default setting. Eventually I increased the settings.

I shared my 'closed' rings with several people who helped to keep me motivated.

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walking is the best. Walk at a pace that is fast enough to make you breath hard. Try to do 30 minutes at a time multiple times a day. It is also best to do it after eating.
I tend to agree with this. My wife likes to stroll. Slow pace looking at things. But for walking to be effective you need to at least get your heart rate up a bit and be at that point where you are at least starting to breath a bit heavy. If you can walk and talk then you are walking too slow