• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yet Another Gov’t-Sponsored Clean Energy Project Results in Layoffs

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
No surprise here yet they keep pushing this crap. :doh:

1. Fisker Automotive is given $193 million of a $529 million DOE loan to produce two lines of plug-in hybrid cars and, presumably, create jobs
  2. The company is unable to find a contract manufacturer in the United States, so it outsources manufacturing jobs to Finland (the company vehemently denies charges that it has used any part of the federal loan to fund manufacturing operations in Finland)
  3. The automaker falls behind its production schedule and experiences“delays” in its sales (i.e. poor sales), depleting its capital
  4. But to qualify for the rest of the $529 million loan guarantee, the company has to maintain a certain amount of capital
  5. Therefore, in order to meet this DOE benchmark, Fisker Automotive decides it will save money by laying off an “undisclosed number” of employees
Considering that this is yet another government-sponsored clean energy investment that has experienced layoffs, and contrary to what Energy Secretary Steven Chu’s says, Fisker Automotive hardly seems like “proof positive” that the White House’s efforts to create new jobs are working.

More here. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/yet-another-govt-sponsored-clean-energy-project-results-in-layoffs/

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess Fisker has had some fire problems too.

As for Chu, isn't he the idiot that thinks $10.00 per gallon gas would be a good thing. Yeah, good for the Republicans. Would be a one way plane ticket for his boss. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess Fisker has had some fire problems too.

As for Chu, isn't he the idiot that thinks $10.00 per gallon gas would be a good thing. Yeah, good for the Republicans. Would be a one way plane ticket for his boss. :yum:

Electric vehicles have always had serious fire hazard issues. A huge battery filled with acid and high amperage circut conduits. All in a vibrating vehicle which may suffer anything from chaffing insulation to catastrophic damage in an accident.

Human flesh and battery acid do not co-exist well.

I say we stop messing around and proceed with work on MR FUSION power sources like in "Back to the Future"

Kane

It wouldn't take too much research to find Al Gore's connection to Fisker and the $500M loan. hmmmm. Check it out.