• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS - Thiokol Imp Model 1404 Snow Cat

Craig

WTS: Thiokol Imp Model 1404 narrow track Snow Cat. Ford Industrial V4-104 engine, manual transmission, OC4 differential, front and rear hydraulics. 1255 hours. Tracks are in excellent condition.

In need of maintenance, including new weatherstripping and installation of sliding side windows (windows are intact), fluid replacement, greasing, electrical wiring inspection, etc. It was the only surviving item when the East Troublesome fire tore through our property. Despite that, it ran immediately after the fire and still runs nicely after having been stored under cover for 3 years. Tough little guy. I used it for 12 years for access to our cabin and grooming of the access road.

Asking $8,000. Located near Granby, CO in a RhinoShed on our property located about a mile off a county road. I can show it on the property until the snow gets deeper; after that I can ski in and drive it out to the road for inspection or delivery to your trailer. Email me at craigcarver03@gmail.com if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_7391.JPG
    IMG_7391.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_7392.JPG
    IMG_7392.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_7393.JPG
    IMG_7393.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7394.JPG
    IMG_7394.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_7395.JPG
    IMG_7395.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_7396.JPG
    IMG_7396.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_7400.JPG
    IMG_7400.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 405

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, that's my old Imp. Always wondered where it went and what it was doing :)

Matthew

Yes Pixie this is the one. Custom exhaust, same mark from whatever implement that was. It even still has the same seat covers and your custom back tow package on there still, just painted black. Just bought the machine off Craig a couple weeks back. It spent 2009-present outside of Granby Colorado with Craig. After you sold it (what year?) it made its way to Utah for what appears to be a short time, then Over to Craig. I see what appear to be registration stickers in old photos of this cat when it was still yours. A huge part of what I am trying to find out is, did you have it registered and can you prove it? It would help me register it in Utah. Hard to explain which is why I was trying to PM. How long did you have it? How many hours between purchase and sale of the machine? Just curious about stuff and trying to date the rear end rebuild.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Matthew, The previous to me owner had it registered to use on snowmobile trails in NH. That has ended in NH and is unlikely to be recognised in Utah, anyway.

I must have sold it in 2008 since that's when I fixed the slave cylinder.

I had it 3 or 4 years. I don't know how many hours I put on it or even remember what the hours were then. I didn't use it very much because it really wasn't up to my tasks which were hauling (mostly) softwood logs out of the bush . I used it to plow a few times but mostly just went joyriding on the dirt road I live on and the adjacent powerlines.

However, I am a cautious person and realize that if it happened to die off the road anywhere, I would be in a pickle with no way to retrieve it. So that curbed my enthusiasm quite a bit. It wouldn't be that big a problem on my own land ( I have a large woodlot about an hour from home) but I needed something heavier dutyer for there and we already had tracks on our ATVs which were more fun for exploring and bombing around.

Matthew

Got ya. Well I am glad to hear the C4 rearend was rebuilt somewhat recently. Last post I can find, you had 1100 hours on it. Right now it has about 1250 so maybe that rearend isn’t something I need to worry about like I was!

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
That sounds right. I was guessing it had 1100 or so hours.

It was before I bought it that the trails were closed to anything over 52" wide and that's why the man was selling it. His camp was up a trail.

The thing that worried me the most about using it on my land was the diff being so close to the ground. My trails were nothing more than old skidder trails and I was afraid the diff would get wacked by a rock.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
That's pretty amazing ! I'm glad it worked for so long.

So, what do you plan to do with the machine ?

Matthew

This machine is for getting to my cabin 13 miles in. Cabin is in the Uinta mountains in Utah. It’s getting a cab put on the back
For for 2 more passengers

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like fun. Take snowshoes and/or skis just in case....

You should start your own thread about adding the pass. cabin and other things you are going to do :)