• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whose killing these guys?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My guess is a combination of countries from Israel, US, Europe and perhaps Russia also. They aren't good in anyone honest opinion really.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My guess is a combination of countries from Israel, US, Europe and perhaps Russia also. They aren't good in anyone honest opinion really.

Russia? Really. They got a lot of balls Joe. First they sell everything to Iran including some grade of uranium fuel for their reactors and then "allegedly" participate in a clandestine operation to kill off the brain trust that's taking all that stuff to the next level? Those bastards got more nerve than a toothache. :yum:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Russia? Really. They got a lot of balls Joe. First they sell everything to Iran including some grade of uranium fuel for their reactors and then "allegedly" participate in a clandestine operation to kill off the brain trust that's taking all that stuff to the next level? Those bastards got more nerve than a toothache. :yum:

Think about it a bit, they also don't want someone right on their border with a bomb either.. Remember Russia is not really much different than the US in their eyes also infidels. Russia sells it to them but stops them from ever using it, kind of a like we did with Iraq. We sold them planes to fight Iran but put a chip in their systems so we could shut them down if we had a problem with them. Ever wonder why none got off the ground during the first Gulf War. I've seen these games played out in the real world and they sometimes make a James Bond movie seem like amateur hour. I also think China is suppling most of Irans stuff as well as France who will sell anything to anybody regardless.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Think about it a bit, they also don't want someone right on their border with a bomb either.. Remember Russia is not really much different than the US in their eyes also infidels. Russia sells it to them but stops them from ever using it, kind of a like we did with Iraq. We sold them planes to fight Iran but put a chip in their systems so we could shut them down if we had a problem with them. Ever wonder why none got off the ground during the first Gulf War. I've seen these games played out in the real world and they sometimes make a James Bond movie seem like amateur hour. I also think China is suppling most of Irans stuff as well as France who will sell anything to anybody regardless.

Oh yeah, certainly not arguing, I did see your point. I do most certainly see the humour in it as well. Hence my ROFALMAO.

With things ratcheting up a bit with a second carrier battle group. All in all we will have us two Carriers, 3 Ticonderoga-Class Missile Cruisers, 7 Destroyers, 5 Frigates, and close to 180 various aircraft, including 8 squadrons of F/A-18s in the Arabian Sea.

Stay tuned, things are going to get interesting. Just before the election.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, certainly not arguing, I did see your point. I do most certainly see the humour in it as well. Hence my ROFALMAO.

With things ratcheting up a bit with a second carrier battle group. All in all we will have us two Carriers, 3 Ticonderoga-Class Missile Cruisers, 7 Destroyers, 5 Frigates, and close to 180 various aircraft, including 8 squadrons of F/A-18s in the Arabian Sea.

That should be enough to rain pure hell down on Iran if they so much as twitch wrong. One modern carrier has more fire power than all of the munitions used in both theaters of WWII including the two bombs on Japan. Pretty well armed to say the least besides I'm sure a sub or two in the area as well.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I was the only one that saw that... lol, the election is 9 months away, Obama has given them 6 months to come clean before he attacks their central bank. Then, 3 months before the election, he (and the rest of our "allies" ) start getting rough. America see's him as a hero, (or at least the general population does) and the votes start crashing in...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I was the only one that saw that... lol, the election is 9 months away, Obama gives them 6 months to come clean before he attacks their central bank, and then 3 months before the election he (and the rest of the group) start getting rough. America see's him as a hero, instant vote accumulator...

I don't expect Iran to do much except talk which that being about all the can do in reality.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There are a whole lot of wealthy gulf states that don't trust Iran with a nuke either. They bankroll more covert action than folks realize. Using the magnetized bombs from a motorcycle is a good way to take out a target and vanish in the maze of bikes they run over there.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't expect Iran to do much except talk which that being about all the can do in reality.
Your right, but Obama knows that Iran will talk themselves into a unretreatable position, and then (with the proper spin applied) he will have the blessings to kick their asses and in turn get rid of those nasty (soon to be) nukes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That should be enough to rain pure hell down on Iran if they so much as twitch wrong. One modern carrier has more fire power than all of the munitions used in both theaters of WWII including the two bombs on Japan. Pretty well armed to say the least besides I'm sure a sub or two in the area as well.

Yes and don't forget the Aegis SM-3 Block 1A system. Maybe the best reason why there will be three of those cruisers in place. Really be tough to get a missile through to one of the carriers. Anything is possible, shit happens, but it won't be easy.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Joec is right about Russia from what I have read they are getting fed up with Iran. I am just curious if that is really happening or if the bombings are just something Iran is making up?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Expelling their pilots is NOT a way to get on Russia's good side.

Now that is an understatment. :yum: In all honesty though the real story on this was Russia supported international sanctions against Tehran.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So why this guy? He was in procurement. Possibly a mole, placed there, and had been buying items maybe just not up to snuff? Maybe he was going to squeal, so whatever outfit put him up to it, they eliminated the possibility of the squeal?

Or, maybe he's the guy that injected stuxnet, Imadickhead found out, snuffed this guy out, and blamed Israel and us just for the hell of it.

Maybe 100 other scenarios leading up to the decision to say buhbye to this guy.

But no matter what, this low level guy was picked for a reason. And we will probably never know the reason.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
So why this guy? He was in procurement. Possibly a mole, placed there, and had been buying items maybe just not up to snuff? Maybe he was going to squeal, so whatever outfit put him up to it, they eliminated the possibility of the squeal?

Or, maybe he's the guy that injected stuxnet, Imadickhead found out, snuffed this guy out, and blamed Israel and us just for the hell of it.

Maybe 100 other scenarios leading up to the decision to say buhbye to this guy.

But no matter what, this low level guy was picked for a reason. And we will probably never know the reason.

You are absolutely correct in that no one really knows what Iran's leaders are really thinking or who did it for sure.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw Richard Engel and a guy who I've seen before that is an ex CIA that was a prisoner for a while during the Hostage crisis under Carter. He is now retired from the CIA but works for a think tank on US Security.

Well long story short they both felt the same on this as to who and why. It is something that I considered as possible but it wasn't one of my first choices. So the attacks are coming from Israel as all previous attacks. Now none of these are geared to slow down Iran's nuclear program but with this weeks new sanctions by the US (really server sanctions) and the attacks it would be Israels hope that Iran would feel they had to retaliate. In so doing would mine the straits, quick stick on a tanker, attack Israel. Now a this point Israel would gets it wish, get the US to commit its air power in a strike against Iran as Israel doesn't have the capability to down Iran's nuclear facilities on its own yet. Now to me that rings as very possible as though I know you guys think Israel is our buddy, we still have one of their spies in our prison system from 20 years ago.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thinking out loud who stuck it on there. Iran says they have proof we did it. Most likely more smoke & mirrors from the Assahollas.

I'd agree with your assessment on the smoke and mirrors; but at the same time I do suspect that we had a hand in it somehow. However we are pros at covert ops so they will never be able to prove anything.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw Richard Engel and a guy who I've seen before that is an ex CIA that was a prisoner for a while during the Hostage crisis under Carter. He is now retired from the CIA but works for a think tank on US Security.

Well long story short they both felt the same on this as to who and why. It is something that I considered as possible but it wasn't one of my first choices. So the attacks are coming from Israel as all previous attacks. Now none of these are geared to slow down Iran's nuclear program but with this weeks new sanctions by the US (really server sanctions) and the attacks it would be Israels hope that Iran would feel they had to retaliate. In so doing would mine the straits, quick stick on a tanker, attack Israel. Now a this point Israel would gets it wish, get the US to commit its air power in a strike against Iran as Israel doesn't have the capability to down Iran's nuclear facilities on its own yet. Now to me that rings as very possible as though I know you guys think Israel is our buddy, we still have one of their spies in our prison system from 20 years ago.

I was pretty much with you until this point. Israel could take down Iran's nuke plant with no problems whatsoever,
IMO ... with enough stuff left to plop a JDAM on Imadinnerjob's breakfast table.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd agree with your assessment on the smoke and mirrors; but at the same time I do suspect that we had a hand in it somehow. However we are pros at covert ops so they will never be able to prove anything.

"False Flag"

Mossad recruits Americans to pose as CIA. The plants recruit recruits. The recruits fully believe they are CIA.

Iran captures a false flag CIA. they torture the shit out of him, real torture, and he breaks and says he works for CIA, because he really believes it.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I was pretty much with you until this point. Israel could take down Iran's nuke plant with no problems whatsoever,
IMO ... with enough stuff left to plop a JDAM on Imadinnerjob's breakfast table.

They could but not with conventional weapons.. I don't think Israel would resort to nuclear weapons unless attack with same. Distance would be the problem for Israel also with out US and Saudi help. But then this is basically all guess work so no one but those in charge no for sure.