• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's the Best Food Option?

toby1

Recently, I switched from kibble to 100% wet food, and tried to automate the whole process. Would you prefer
A) canned food - automated can opener, and then switch to the next can
B) freeze-dried food - automated machine to add freeze-dried food & water together to a plate, and then switch to the next clean plate.
C) defrosting frozen food
Please kindly leave an answer and I'd appreciate your sharing the reasons for the choice.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use DRY & WET

Dry sits out all day, open feeding for the dogs in 1 bowl, they share. That dry food bowl is next to the water bowl and available 24/7.

Every morning there is roughly 1 cup of the same dry food added to 1 'tub' of Lil Cesar wet food. Although the dogs are different sizes, they each get their own bowl of that mix. Sometimes the little dog eats all of hers, sometimes she eats some of it. Sometimes the bigger dog eats all of his, and then moves on to eat hers. Neither seems overly concerned about it, there is no fighting over it. If they are still hungry they eat the dry food.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have four cats and one little dog. The cats get 1/4 of the canned stuff each in the evening. The three bowls of dry food are loaded in the morning.
The dog eats canned every nite and snacks on the dry cat food from time to time.

Reactions: Doc

cervbertr

I give classic food to my dog, he loves it very much and eats it with great appetite. I think you have to choose it for your pet, because every cat or dog has its own taste and it's hard to say at once. Sometimes I spoil the dog with canned food with different vitamins and minerals, so that the dog always gets the right portion of vitamins. So try to give your pet different foods first.