• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What no one is talking about relating to the Trump assassination attempt.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You often hear the officials in the S.S. and the FBI and local and State police not being able to communicate with one another because
of the different types and frequencies of the radio's they use.

This prompted me to call an old friend who retired from Rockwell Collins radio in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
When I explained to him that someone should come up with a device to let these radio's to be able to cross talk with one another,
His answer just floored me. Rockwell Collins saw the need after 9/11 for such a device about 20 years ago and produced such a receiver/transmitter.

But the trouble was it did not sell. No agencies State or Federal would buy one.

Proving you cannot help someone who is not willing to help themselves.

Telling, I think. :unsure:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very telling.
One of the huge justifications for Bush Jr. to create the dept of homeland security was to solve the cross agency communication issues. Seems it failed miserably. :bonk: :pat: :angry: :Angry2:

ZZTop

You often hear the officials in the S.S. and the FBI and local and State police not being able to communicate with one another because
of the different types and frequencies of the radio's they use.

This prompted me to call an old friend who retired from Rockwell Collins radio in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
When I explained to him that someone should come up with a device to let these radio's to be able to cross talk with one another,
His answer just floored me. Rockwell Collins saw the need after 9/11 for such a device about 20 years ago and produced such a receiver/transmitter.

But the trouble was it did not sell. No agencies State or Federal would buy one.

Proving you cannot help someone who is not willing to help themselves.

Telling, I think. :unsure:
The SS will never let others have access to their frequency as they would give away too much data to who knows who. So yes, the tech exists but cannot be used effectively