• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Well it has tracks, but its not a snowcat!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are more photos at the link, its for sale, but it might take a few of us to pitch in to get this thing, its a little more expensive than a Ford Fiesta :whistling:

1982 M60A1 USMC Main Battle Tank

!Blv7s5QBWk~$(KGrHqUOKjcEtzIYh!gIBLc3uM!Isw~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170451138076#ht_500wt_1182
One of the very few M60's in private hands. This 1982 Chrysler built M60A1 is a USMC Desert Storm veteran. Now painted in Olive drab, it was once desert tan. The Marines were the last service to use the M60 and it has been upgraded with the reactive armor boxes that you see around the turret. There are no real guns or armament of any kind on this vehicle. All of the guns are simulated to look as original. The tank was demilled by torch cutting slices in the front hull and the turret sides. These have been repaired by welding, not with body filler. You can not tell it has been cut from the inside or outside. The tank runs and drives great. Near new track with all new road wheels. Some spare and extra parts are included. The tank is 52 tons and over 12 feet wide. It is expensive to transport. We will load at no charge and give names of transporters that can handle this super heavy load. This is the ultimate toy! Questions? email or call me 979-777-2820. More pictures are available. Tank is located in Fredericksburg, Texas.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Out of interested, googled the tank in general, would love to have one, have absolutiley no reason to have one and it would sink into the ground where I live... except in winter...

http://www.battletanks.com/m60_mbt.htm

1960 - USA M60 Main Battle Tank
Armament: 1 - 105mm gun
1 - 7.62 coaxial MG
1 - .50 cal MG in cupola
Engine; Continental,V-12 , AVDS-1790-2A , diesel
750 hp
Speed: 30 mph
Range: 295 miles
Crew: 4
Weight: 46 tons

The 105mm gun is a modified British weapon. Modified M48
hull, wedge shaped. Used turret from M48A2. Total
of 2,200 built. Superseded by M60A1. The diesel was a
great improvement over the gasoline engines in the M48.
Range was increased to almost 300 miles. When not in
combat, turret is traversed to rear to reduce length.

The tank that supercided it..
http://www.battletanks.com/m60a1e1.htm

1961 - USA M60A1 Medium Tank
Armament: 1 - 105mm gun M68
1 - 0.5" AA MG
1 - 7.62mm MG
Engine: AVDS-1790, diesel, 750 hp
Speed: 30 mph
Range: 312 miles
Crew: 4
Weight: 49 tons

This variant replaced the original M60. Armor increased. Power plant remains the same. Weight increased to 49 tons. New needle nose elongated turret with increased armor and decreased frontal area. Main gun set back to allow more room for crew. Many improvements were made to the controls, seating, etc. for crew comfort. Improved fire control system. Track width increased to 28" to reduce ground pressure.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i would love to have one of those i believe they had a radial air cooled diesel in them i saw an engine out of a bridge layer built on the same chassis at a school i went to once never got to take a close look at the bridge layer i wasn't there for track shool i do rememder them thngs rumbling by during team spirit in korea in the late 80's you could hear them things coming a mile away way cool.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
picture...

Not a radial, but definitely air cooled. Manufactured by Teledyne Continental Motors, who also manufactures aircraft reciprocating engines.

HeaderPicture.gif

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the engine i saw was out of a bridge layer built on the same chassis it was the only round diesel i had ever saw i was at school for another class and never got a close look and was told what it was for when i asked about it the other cool tank motor i saw was a big v12 ford engine with aver head cams and twin mag's like an aircraft engine only saw 2 of them back when i was 16 and they were going in to a long wheel base tractor being addapted for heavy haul the idea was the lighter gas motor would alow for more weight on the truck.