• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted: PB Scout/Lite-foot, LMC1500 or similar cat: <8.5ft wide, 4+ passenger with a blade, <$50k

Bellinghamster

I'm not finding much for sale, I guess the downside of a good economy...
I'm looking for a 4+ passenger cab small-ish snowcat to use for cabin access, touring and trail grooming. Prefer something modern-ish (Late 80s or newer).
Ideally in the NW USA (it'll live near Tonasket, WA).
PB Scout (or Lite-Foot), LMC1500 w/ crew cab, or similar machine (<8.5ft wide, 3500-8000lb, room for 4 or more in the cab, 6+ way blade).
Budget is up to $50k for the right machine.

Solrus

FB has LMC 1500 , 5 cab, but no blade it was around 35k , around 800 hours or so. Located ion Cali

Bellinghamster

Yep, I've been watching FB groomers and idaho snowcats as well as KSL... sure not much to choose from. I'm willing to up my budget significantly and widen my scope on size and weight:
<~9.5ft wide, still want a 4+ passenger cab, 6-12 way blade and a drag/tiller/finisher would be nice but not necessary. Good to at least have rear hydraulics to add one..
PB100, LMC1200, LMC1800, Tucker 1000/2000, etc. What other models fit the criteria?

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure how up-to-date this page is, but a pair of LMC 1500's that seem to meet your criteria:

Those machines have been listed on that site for years. Either a case of false advertising trying to lure people in, or a defunct site with a deadbeat owner. Sorry, but I have very limited tolerance for snowcat flippers. They take what should be a wonderful hobby, and try to monetize it to their fullest extent. My best advice is to buy from an individual that you can shake hands with, and you are both happy in the end.

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
This isn't one of the models you mentioned, but other than that, it seems to check all the boxes:

I have no affiliation, but assuming the seller has described the machine accurately the price seems reasonable. Especially at this time of year, if a reasonable priced machine hits the market the saying "He who hesitates is lost" is fair. If you're interested...don't dilly dally!

If you (or anyone else for that matter) is seriously interested I live about 40 minutes away and could take a look at it for you.

DNC

I'm not finding much for sale, I guess the downside of a good economy...
I'm looking for a 4+ passenger cab small-ish snowcat to use for cabin access, touring and trail grooming. Prefer something modern-ish (Late 80s or newer).
Ideally in the NW USA (it'll live near Tonasket, WA).
PB Scout (or Lite-Foot), LMC1500 w/ crew cab, or similar machine (<8.5ft wide, 3500-8000lb, room for 4 or more in the cab, 6+ way blade).
Budget is up to $50k for the right machine.
Will be selling shortly, mid 90's LMC 1500C 5 person cab with 8.5' 6 way blade. Under 600 hours, ford 6 cyl, 3 sp auto trans. My personal machine. If interested let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCWYO

Will be selling shortly, mid 90's LMC 1500C 5 person cab with 8.5' 6 way blade. Under 600 hours, ford 6 cyl, 3 sp auto trans. My personal machine. If interested let me know.
I am interested in the cat you have described above. I just sold my 2 man 1500 and am looking for a 5 person with a blade.

DNC

Thank you for your interest. This unit has been sold. I am waiting to receive the check on another 1500 w/o blade if you are interested. If I don't see the money shortly I will advertise it again. Thanks

MCWYO

Thank you for your interest. This unit has been sold. I am waiting to receive the check on another 1500 w/o blade if you are interested. If I don't see the money shortly I will advertise it again. Thanks
I just sold my 1500 w/o blade.

mikers

It's a 2 seater, but I have this one for sale right now. 30k canadian.

Attachments

• 20230101_144933.jpg
    20230101_144933.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 20221123_151943.jpg
    20221123_151943.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 103
  • 20221123_151929.jpg
    20221123_151929.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • 20221123_151920.jpg
    20221123_151920.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 20221123_151908.jpg
    20221123_151908.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101

Bellinghamster

Mikers, that's cute - what is it and what's it powered by? Width?
I ended up buying a Tucker 2000, but still looking for something <8ft to groom narrow/tight snowmobile trails with.

mikers

It's 7'6" wide. As is the 6 way blade. It currently has a v1903 kubota, but i Have plans on putting in a 4m40 Mitsubishi.

It was a unfinished project I picked up from your neighbor (loomis) and have got it to this point. It is a custom 1 off. Hydrostatic drive. I can send more information if you are interested.

Bellinghamster

It's 7'6" wide. As is the 6 way blade. It currently has a v1903 kubota, but i Have plans on putting in a 4m40 Mitsubishi.

It was a unfinished project I picked up from your neighbor (loomis) and have got it to this point. It is a custom 1 off. Hydrostatic drive. I can send more information if you are interested.
I definitely want more info - I sent you a private message in the forum with my email address.
Pete

East Idaho Craigslist has a Lite Foot listed under atv/utv/sno. I don’t know how to link to add.
Pictures show cab and blade. Asking 25k

Bellinghamster

East Idaho Craigslist has a Lite Foot listed under atv/utv/sno. I don’t know how to link to add.
Pictures show cab and blade. Asking 25k
Aww, you got me all excited. It's a Lite Trax, not a Lite Foot (which PB bought and is now sold as the Scout).
It looks like a fairly good fit for the job tho... send the seller an inquiry. Thanks for the tip!.

alryA

Lite Trax seems to be out of business. There machines have a poor reputation in the grooming world.

Bellinghamster

Thanks for the tip. They still have a website up, but no recent activity on it or their facebook page. The one for sale is the recreation model - It looks like a very light machine- ~1500lbs with a 45hp diesel Kubota... guessing that's around 350lbs for the engine alone, so that doesn't leave much weight for a sturdy transmission, chassis and track/suspension system. Interesting that they're joystick steered, which would indicate fully hydrostat drive but claim a 2 speed transmission... I'm curious about their drivetrain design.