• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted axle shaft for 65 Tucker 442

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I busted my axle shaft :(. Anyone have one for sale? I’m in Sacramanto, California
someone might chime in but that stuff is getting to be hens teeth. Did you try Tucker used parts? It may be able to be repaired as another option.

ScottMX68

Do you have a pic of it? What it looks like? Im in grass valley and do have some extra axles but I don't know if they are for a 400 0r 500 series.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It’s prob a Tucker long axle. An earlier dodge axle would fit with the correct older hub and pontoon support extension.

Both getting hoarded these days. Check any used ones to see if the hub key ways are cracked. The Tucker long axles had two key ways on some. This way you could rotate.

If you get in a bind I have 4 prototype Tucker long adapters. It uses a stock dodge axle you can find and a threaded hub extension to match the Tucker specs.

Never tested but the theory is there. Thread on here somewhere by me 2012 ish if I were to guess.

IronBenderII

image.jpg

Sorry guys, I didn’t see the responses! Here’s the business end of the shaft. Is this considered a “long shaft”?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have a pic of it? What it looks like? Im in grass valley and do have some extra axles but I don't know if they are for a 400 0r 500 series.
500 series machines used International truck 1 ton axles, thus they do not fit 400 series,
400 series used the dodge 1/2 ton axle till the mid more or less the mid 60's, then tucker thought they should make their own axle shafts, the long ones, poor design and made on the cheap.

IronBenderII

500 series machines used International truck 1 ton axles, thus they do not fit 400 series,
400 series used the dodge 1/2 ton axle till the mid more or less the mid 60's, then tucker thought they should make their own axle shafts, the long ones, poor design and made on the cheap.
Yeah, not a great design. I have plans to convert to a full floater, but I won't get that done anytime soon. Hoping I can find one before the winter!