• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The statement vs. The question

Gunsrus

I would like some feedback on a way of talking that make sense to me. One thing is to say this or that should be done, but it's another to ask if it should be done. For example, if you say a newspaper company should be shut down, you're siding with the people who don't like it and are advocating for it to be abolished. However, if you ask if it should be done, the question can be interpreted as a challenge, if asked in a certain tone.

My mother doesn't quite get the part where the question acts as a form of defense or reversal of pressure on the people who are against something. I don't quite know how, to put it to her, as the concept isn't something she's cery familiar with. Would you please help me with this?