• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

the mammogram appointment.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
the mammogram appointment.

I was met with, "Hi! I'm Belinda!" This perky clipboard carrier smiled from ear to ear, tilted her head to one side and crooned, "All I need you to do is step into this room right hereee, strip to the waist, and thennnn slip on this gown. Everything clearrrr?"

I'm thinking, "Belinda! Try decaf. This ain't rocket science."

Belinda skipped away to prepare the chamber of horrors.

Call me crazy, but I suspect a man invented this machine. It takes a perfectly healthy cup size of 36-B to a size 38-LONG in less than 60 seconds. Also, girls aren't made of sugar and spice and everything nice....it's Spandex. We can be stretched, pulled and twisted over a cold 4-inch piece of square glass and still pop back into shape.

With the right side finished, Belinda flipped me (literally) to the left and said, "Hmmmm. Can you stand on your tippy toes and lean in a tad so we can get everything?"

Fine, I answered. I was freezing, bruised, and out of air, so why not use the remaining circulation in my legs and neck and finish me off?

My body was in a holding pattern that defied gravity (with my other boob wedged between those two 4" pieces of square glass) when we heard, then felt, a zap! Complete darkness, and the power went off!

"What?" I yelled.

"Oh, maintenance is working. Bet they hit a snag." Belinda headed for the door.

"Excuse me! You're not leaving me in this vise alone, are you?" I shouted.

Belinda kept going and said, "Oh, you fussy puppy, the door's wide open so you'll have the emergency hall lights. I'll be righttttt backkkk!!!"

Before I could shout "NOOOO!" she disappeared. And that's exactly how Bubba and Earl, maintenance men extraordinaire, found me, half-naked and part of me dangling from the Jaws of Life and the other part smashed between glass! After exchanging polite "Hi, how's it going" type greetings, Bubba (or possibly Earl) asked, to my utter disbelief, if I knew the power was off.

Trying to disguise my hysteria, I replied with as much calmness as possible, "Uh, yes, yes, I did, thanks."

"You bet, take care!" Bubba replied and waved good-bye as though I'd been standing in the line at the grocery store.

Two hours later, Belinda breezed in wearing a sheepish grin and making no attempt to suppress her amusement.

"Oh I am soooo sorry! The power came back on and I totally forgot about you! And silly me, I went to lunch. Are we upset?"

And that, Your Honor, is exactly how her head ended up between the clamps........

BoneheadNW

Great story! Believe it or not, the same type of thing happened to me during an MRI. Because of reasons I choose not to go into, I was having an MRI done on my brain (I saw it, I do have a brain!). Halfway into it, with me completely inside the machine, the power goes out. The operator, who sits in the next room, yelled to me "Don't Panic! We'll try to get you out of there as soon as possible!" :4_11_9:
She then informed me that they couldn't even get into the room I was in as the door "automatically locked". :14_6_20: Needless to say, 20 minutes later they were able to unlock the door and remove me from the MRI tunnel. I had to reschedule an appointment for another MRI.
Bonehead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
I had to reschedule an appointment for another MRI.
Bonehead

So how much extra did they charge you for coming in again?

BoneheadNW

B_Skurka said:
So how much extra did they charge you for coming in again?
They didn' charge anything extra, but they did manage to make a few jokes. In case you have never seen an MRI, especially of the brain, they are amazing. I wish I could have had copies to post in my office at home! :tiphat:
Bonehead

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know how I did it (with the noise and all) but I fell asleep on the bed during my last MRI. The nurse did say "that's a first...".

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
I didn't used to be clostrophic that was at least until I started radiation treatments for vocal cord cancer 2 years ago. For those of you that have never had the pleasure they mold a skintight mask to your face out of plastic that looks like expanded steel. This is to hold you down in the correct position while they shoot you with beam of radiation.

Anyway, about half way through my treatments the technician said to me after my treatment and before he took the mask off that he needed to quickly get a doctor to verify the position they were blasting on my neck and he quickly disappeared. It seemed like hours before he came back and I broke out in a cold sweat from being tied down to that frickin table altough in real time it was probably no more than 8-9 minutes that elapsed.

When he got back with the doctor I told him that if he ever stepped out of the room again with me tied down that he wouldn't be walking for a week and he knew that I meant it. :clubem:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have had a few MRI's and a few CAT Scans and have slept through them all. Sleeping is one of the things that I can do best. Even fell asleep at the wheel once, but I hit the rumble strips and it woke me up. Now, I won't drive if I feel the least bit tired.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I fall asleep routinely every six months while getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist. Hea back mouth wide open and sound asleep as she scrapes away.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
I fall asleep routinely every six months while getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist. Hea back mouth wide open and sound asleep as she scrapes away.
Dave,
I'm known to fall asleep when getting my hair cut, but NEVER at the dentist.

The hygenist (sp) is a real hotty!!! I eat a bag of Oreo's, followed up with a can of peanuts and some cheese curls just to get some "seat time". I spend an hour or so just looking into her eyes (or whatever is rubbing against my shoulder, face...)

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, that's always nice...."Now turn your head towards me please?"

Suuuuree! No problem at all!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I work in dental offices, you guys should be ashamed. those wonderful ladies are there to help you have a great smile. Now hang your head in shame.........smirking a smile all the while:wave: :coolshade :tiphat: :fart2: :beer: :eek: :rofl1:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
those wonderful ladies are there to help you have a great smile.
And how they do... Oh, we're you talking about after I leave the office?