• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

St Anne's Anglican church fire

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a shame. A huge loss. Thankfully it was not full of people when this happened.
Hopefully it was not arson.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a shame. A huge loss. Thankfully it was not full of people when this happened.
Hopefully it was not arson.
Curious to hear the cause of the blaze and given the high number of arsons at churches over the past year I would not be surprised if it turns out to be arson. Church arsons are one of the most under-reported crimes. The only way I hear about them is thru church reports, not thru mainstream media sources.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From this news reports I can see this morning:

Jessop said that given the heat of the flames, the building’s age and the amount of water used to extinguish the fire, it’s “probable” there will be further collapses of the structure.
Officials said there were no reports of any injuries. Beyers said the church was closed and locked at the time the fire broke out.
Jessop said Toronto Fire Services investigators will remain at the site for the next several days while the Ontario Office of the Fire Marshal and Toronto police investigators are expected to conduct a joint probe into the blaze. There weren’t any immediate indications of what caused the fire.