• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Something I saw that I found interesting

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the video http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/page/video?video_id=4KGlBHyVeYU

And this is the sight where you might want to click on the picture to enlarge it then run your mouse over each of the presidents shown. It gives a pretty good description of how they lead us to this mess we are in today.

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/page/view_search/379
Very interesting Joe , did you know you can scroll over the paper and dollars and get different interesting descriptions as well ? :wink:

I couldn't help but notice what Obama is standing on . :whistling:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been playing with this site since I saw it the first time this morning. I also find much of it to be accurate, though some is conjecture and opinion also. For the most part though I agree with the points the artist is trying to convey in it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
MUCH of it is conjecture & opinion
I would be interested inknowing what those items of Opinion and "conjecture" are.

Longheld assessments by historians may be considered conjecture. But I cannot see where such comments were ever presented here, as facts.
As for facts, I saw none presented in error.

But then I am but a humble former history teacher. Perhaps history has been changed in my abscence.

Please, enlighten us.

franc

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I would be interested inknowing what those items of Opinion and "conjecture" are.

Longheld assessments by historians may be considered conjecture. But I cannot see where such comments were ever presented here, as facts.
As for facts, I saw none presented in error.

But then I am but a humble former history teacher. Perhaps history has been changed in my abscence.

Please, enlighten us.

franc

I agree Franc as some might be conjecture for the most part it is what I would call historically correct as it can be after the fact.

I happen to love history also though I've never taught history other than the martial arts. As someone once stated if we don't learn from history we are destined to repeat it and that is paraphrased.

loboloco

I. too, Joe, am a student of history. Actually wrote a dissertation on the problems of latifundia in post civil war era. Pretty accurate overall on the prez's. Of course, such a short synopsis could only identify some of the things, and definitely could not identify the motivations or thinking behind them.

loboloco

What I really find interesting is that people study the same events and yet can reach such disparate perspectives about what was done and why even when there is a fairly accurate record of events.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Again no argument from me on Obama, as to me he has followed most of Bush's policies as laid out and the congress has added some more of their own. We actually have the best government money can buy today, that is for those with the money to buy it.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
What I really find interesting is that people study the same events and yet can reach such disparate perspectives about what was done and why even when there is a fairly accurate record of events.

I also agree with this statement as every thing is based on perceptions a person carries to any discussion. We all have preconceived notions of what would be right and wrong in any given situation and that tends to cloud all of our judgment regardless. I'm guilty of it and freely admit it however we are all in the same boat in that regard. As the bumper sticker says "Opinions are like A-Holes we all have one".

loboloco

I also agree with this statement as every thing is based on perceptions a person carries to any discussion. We all have preconceived notions of what would be right and wrong in any given situation and that tends to cloud all of our judgment regardless. I'm guilty of it and freely admit it however we are all in the same boat in that regard. As the bumper sticker says "Opinions are like A-Holes we all have one".
And all of them but mine stink:whistling::whistling:.:flowers:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
So it attracts your dog, we know what dogs will eat, hell they drink out of the toilet and eat out of the kitty box. :yum: