• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shower or Bath?

Gary O'

Looked for this topic
got tired of scrolling

Me, I'm a shower slut

....and the handheld shower head puts it over the top
Whoever came up with that little device should be awarded a Nobel
Gets in all the soapy crevices

hand held.jpg

So, which is it for you?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I remodeled our bathroom, I installed a jet tub. But I also did a standard shower head with an addition hand held.

I moved the tub over from its original position about 4 inches. A stole another three inches by going into the studs. So, now I have a seat for taking a shower with the hand held. Awesome way to do it.

Thomas Jefferson once claimed that hallways are a waste of real estate. We took his advice. We stole space from the adjacent hallway. Eliminating that wasted space and giving us some room for a stairwell to the attic. The 3 feet by 8feet gained made room for a larger bath area and a closet.

All done in a stone floor tile and subway tiled walls.

The result, our 5 feet X 8 Feet "necessary" room, became a 9 by 9 feet spa.

I so enjoy taking a jet tub soak, and, placing a scotch and coffee on the "seat" I enjoy a half hour or more of private bliss. Later, I use the hand-held to rinse off.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a jet tub in my master bedroom, we never used it. I have been here 15 years.
To each his own. :thumb:
I put the tub in for Cathy. But I think I use it more.

We have a "powder room" off the Master bedroom. It was originally, a 4' X 7 ' three piece. Shower, toilet and sink. Wasn't enough room in there to change your mind. Step over the toilet to access the 3' X 4' shower. My RV camper has a larger bathroom. Yeah, typical of tract housing built in the 60's.

When we remodeled the Master bedroom, we stole some of the space. Now it is a two-piece, toilet and sink, with a nice vanity. Complemented by a 72" X 48" single mirror on the wall.

The original window is slated to be a shower door. We have room between the house and the building line but, we have already exceeded the roof size ratio to the lot size. I have to get a variance from the county before they will issue a permit. I want a 4' X 8' shower all done in Subway tile, with mosaic insets, and a stone floor. Rain head and two handheld heads.

Hole is excavated for the foundation, but it just sits there collecting leaves, debris and small children.