• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RURAL WIFI in the OZARKS!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We just got a message from our Internet provider, White River Electric, that the WIFI system will be installed today at Hippie Ridge.
It will be install in what will become the Power-node/Bathhouse.

This structure is 12' X 8' and will be the central distribution point of Electric power to the various buildings on the place.

I find it hilarious that we have WIFI but do not have running water.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have internet via a local provider who offers 'wide area' wi-fi. My other options are "dial up" and StarLink.

No sewers. No municipal water. No municipal trash service. Hell I don't even have a public road or public snow plowing.

I'll happily take the private services of my local wide area wi-fi, or the choice of Musk's StarLink over the government granted monopoly of dial up service. And as for water/sewers/trash pick up or a public roadway . . . I'm happy to tell them to all take a flying leap. I can do for myself by using private enterprises that actually CARE about customer service.

cervbertr

It's a paradox, because it shouldn't be like this and all veges should be organic, but here we get a very large constrast. But if there is an Internet, it's already good, the main thing is that nothing ends there.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Starlink has been great. I have the traditional and the rv version that only activate when I use it.

Reactions: Doc